Austrian Death Machine - Total Brutal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Austrian Death Machine - Total Brutal   Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:33 pm

It's an album that begins with a speech from the Governator and ends with a burp. That is quite literal, mind you. Knowing this, one might not expect much from all that is in between. Surprisingly, this album does deliver. Austrian Death Machine's 'Total Brutal' is like a roller coaster ride. It sends you down fast, pummeling riffs to the occassional breakdown (that are done right) and capped with skits that are worthy of Ahhhnold's approval. The album is metalcore with a bit of thrash tendencies, but don't let the metalcore side deter you. The real kicker about ADM is that it's better than Tim Lambesis' full time band As I Lay Dying.

First of all, it's good to go into the album knowing what you're about to hear. It is a bit of a comedic album full or Arnold Schwarzenegger one liners used as lyrics and impersonations of him as well. Knowing that the album is all in fun probably makes it easier on the ears and less open for criticism, from me at least. Had this been a real effort from a new coming band it would have been a decent attempt. The music is good and the vocals are spot on. The only real problem musically is that some of the songs tend to sound similar, which the Ahhhnold brings into light himself saying "Of course they sound the same it's because they all sound brutal!" While not brutal in my standards, it is what I'd actually expect from the man himself.

All in all, 'Total Brutal' is a fun album that is worth the price of admission. Fans of As I Lay Dying and metalcore or not, it's got something that will appeal to most. Don't go in expecting a masterpiece and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Songs worth note: "Get To The Choppa," "I Am A CyberneticOrganism, Living Tissue Over (Metal) Endoskeleton," "Come With Me If You Want To Live," "You Have Just Been Erased," "If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It"

8/10

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Death Machine - Total Brutal   Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:24 pm

I need a good piece of Brootal in my life right now.
Back to top Go down
TheNamelessOne

Character sheet
Name: Cid
Experience Points: 0/100

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Death Machine - Total Brutal   Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:10 pm

Kick ass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Austrian Death Machine - Total Brutal   Today at 9:32 am

Back to top Go down

Austrian Death Machine - Total Brutal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1