View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: We Are Nightmare   Wed May 07, 2008 10:50 pm

Night 1:
The darkness was tangible. It was stifling me. My eyes were beginning to adjust. Nothing at first, but then a figure on the floor. I knew the mess that was my room, and there was an outline in the dark that shouldn’t have been there. Quickly, my feet reached for the floor over the side of the bed. Once on the floor, I crept slowly to the area. In order to reach the light switch I would have to step over the object anyway, so I decided to inspect it in the dark. Crouching down, I held out my arm to place my hand on it. Cotton fabric. There was something wrapped inside of it that seemed fleshy. Suddenly, I felt throbbing.

Snapping awake, I looked to the floor. “Nothing there,” I audibly assured myself. The perspiration was heavy on my brow. Sweeping it away with my arm, I laid back down in the bed. The comforter seemed too heavy and hot now, so I kicked it off. All I could do was roll over and try to get back to sleep.

Night 2:
Darkness again. This time it felt as though it were actually reaching down my throat and crushing my lungs. By now, I knew what to expect. This was a long occurring nightmare, and I was determined to see it through. Until recently, I had never made it past visualizing the object. Now, I repeated the process of the night before and made my way to the lump. This time, though, my legs seemed heavier. It felt like there was something trying to stop my advance. I made it to the object in my floor and slumped down in exhaustion. The pressure on my body combined with the choking darkness was enough to tire me out so soon.

Slowly, I reached out my hand to put it on the fabric. The throbbing sensation returned, but this time I remained in the dream. Then I heard a crunching sound coming from with the cotton cocoon. The end furthest from me shot up, bending the entire thing at a 90 degree angle. Then strings around it began to unravel as the fabric fell away.

Snapping awake again, my heart was racing as I took a cautionary glance at the floor. Nothing there. The comforter was off tonight, but I still felt too hot and like something was sitting on my chest. I decided to continue my ritual by simply rolling over and trying to go back to sleep. “Damnit.” I muttered before closing my eyes. I could feel something staring at me.

Night 3:
Everything seemed darker this time. I could barely make out the objects around me, but I knew it was still there waiting for me. As I approached it this time, my heart was racing. After the last time, I was terrified. I was getting closer to seeing whatever it was.

As my heavy hand rested on the thing, it sprang back to life. The fabric fell and I couldn’t see through the darkness. I could barely make out two faintly glowing red dots. Then a choking noise came from the thing. I began to crawl away from it. A limb shot out from within the fabric and grabbed my legs tightly. I tried to scream but the darkness was choking all the air from my lungs. I couldn’t make a sound.

The figure crept slowly forward, dragging what I assumed were it’s wrapped legs behind it. It made it’s way on top of my chest. A foul stench invaded my nostrils as it put it’s face close to mine. Never had I been more terrified in my life.

“Jesus!” I finally managed to yell. A light glowed dimly outside of my window. There was nothing in the middle of my floor. “I… I can’t take this anymore…” I managed to stammer through large breaths. Gripping my pillow tightly, I rolled over in my bed squeezing my eyes shut. I just wanted it to go away. I had a feeling it would never stop until I faced it.

Night 4:
My eyes opened. I could see fairly well. The object was laying in my floor. Tonight I was determined to face my fear and rid myself of this perpetual demon. I was surprised to find I was at full strength and my body moved smoothly. The air was pumping through my lungs. The thought that maybe I was over coming this fear with determination raced through my mind. This was my mind, and I had control over it.

Kneeling down beside the object, I placed my ear to the fabric. The sound of a pumping heart filled my head. Whatever it was, it was alive. Just as before, it raised up and exposed it’s face. Now I could see tangled hair dripping wet covering a decomposing face. The eyes had a slight glaze over them. It was staring me right in the eyes.

“What are you?” I asked.

It remained in silence. So I stood up, hovering above the thing to show my dominance.

“What are you? This is my dream, I control you.”

It’s eyes blankly followed my movements. I turned away from the thing, hoping to lure it out of it’s stupor. I felt the cold, clammy hand wrap around my ankle. I turned back to see it writhing around on the floor as it held on to me. This thing confused me. The face was completely foreign to me. Why would I be dreaming of this thing?

I walked across the room to flip on the light, dragging the body along behind me. The light turned on and the bulb burst immediately. Now I was beginning to feel fear again as it gazed at me. It seemed to smile.

My back was against the door, I franticly twisted the knob. It wouldn’t move. The creature was now crawling up my body. As it neared my face, I could hear it’s choking breaths and smell it’s disgusting odor. As the face pressed against mine, the bedroom window exploded. My room began to fill with dark bodies that possessed glowing red eyes like I had seen the night before.

My heart was racing. I was gripped in fear. “It’s just a dream.” I kept telling myself. Only this time, I wasn’t waking up. Then I heard the gasping voice.

“This isn’t a dream… this is your hell… we are your nightmare… you will never escape.”

My eyes opened wide with fear. I couldn’t scream. There were many hands wrapping themselves around my throat, choking me. The small dark bodies pulled me to the floor. They began to devour my flesh. I was filled with searing pain. The decayed face crept closer once again.

“Now… you will suffer…”

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
HULK

Character sheet
Name: Rika
Experience Points: 0/100

PostSubject: Re: We Are Nightmare   Thu May 08, 2008 5:49 pm

Aw. DoA let me read this. And I've been wanting to ask....

Why is that the last line? Why, since you wrote it and should know, does this one significant character have to suffer?

I mean like.... Did he do something wrong?
lol.

Sorry I get too into analyzing stories. =P
Back to top Go down
Dead on Arrival

Character sheet
Name: Aerynn

PostSubject: Re: We Are Nightmare   Thu May 08, 2008 8:16 pm

I asked him. He told me that he is going to rewrite it and add the stuff that is missing.

I expect it to be really good.
Back to top Go down
HULK

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Are Nightmare   Thu May 08, 2008 8:18 pm

YAY!!!!! I really wanted to know some more details. lol =)
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Are Nightmare   Thu May 08, 2008 8:29 pm

Yeah... I wrote this story at like 1am in 20 minutes so I could turn it in the next day for my English class. I pretty much forgot the original premise for the story and only remembered the dreaming and the body on the floor.

I'll make a more detailed and probably completely different version later.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
HULK

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Are Nightmare   Thu May 08, 2008 8:32 pm

Sweet. This makes me happy. I less than three well written stories. =)
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Are Nightmare   Thu May 08, 2008 8:34 pm

I was going to post more of my stories but apparently we have a message size limit. I took a lot of time editing one story so it would look right here... then got an error message saying the message was too big. I might do them in parts.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
HULK

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We Are Nightmare   Thu May 08, 2008 8:37 pm

Oh ew that sucks. Yeah you should do that. You're a really good writer and I want to read more! lol
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: We Are Nightmare   Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:28 pm

Is Arsis going to sue you over this title?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Are Nightmare   Today at 4:10 pm

Back to top Go down

We Are Nightmare
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1