Does anyone have Clair Cassis albums?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Does anyone have Clair Cassis albums?   Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:17 am

I'm trying to get back my blackgaze and other random bullshit. But, from what I can see, Clair Cassis has been wiped from the internet aside from youtube? I'd like to get some mp3s to put on my phone. Any of you guys got the albums? It's fucking amazing that the Velvet Cacoon albums were unobtainble years ago but I snagged all of them no problem tonight... and now Clair Cassis is the one that has vanished.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have Clair Cassis albums?   Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:22 am

God damnit, and apparently early Sleeping Peonies. Roughdraft, help!
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have Clair Cassis albums?   Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:06 am

Secret: I never really liked any of them that much. Sleeping Peonies included. The only blackgaze stuff from Khrysanthoney I liked was that Petrychor demo (the subsequent "official" releases have all come well short of equaling the demo).

Secret #2: the artist that Velvet Cacoon famously ripped off a full album from (Korouva), who was inextricably also putting out records through Khrysanthoney (I still don't really know how all of that worked out the way that it did), makes waaaaay better music. Yes, the blackgaze of Sleeping Peonies, Clair Cassis and Velvet Cacoon had as much (or sometimes more) meandering sad bastard bedroom dream/drone pop as it did actual metal, and Korouva hit that style in spades, but traded in all things even close to metal for a piano and soft female vocals. Shit tickles me hard.

Secret #3: still no internet, which means still no desktop, only phone for online stuff, which means still no ripping/uploading. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have Clair Cassis albums?   Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:38 am

Damn.  After posting I had a feeling you didn't like them all that much and I was probably thinking of Shrike.

It's a shame all this stuff vanishes from the internet, though.  Speaking of Petrychor, I couldn't find his/their first demo when I looked either.  I'm sure I could pay money to get Dryad but it sucks since I already had it at one point.

Interesting about Korouva, though.  Didn't know she was on the same label.  Really weird shit on the level of Silencer (which is what I imagine they were going for).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone have Clair Cassis albums?   

Back to top Go down

Does anyone have Clair Cassis albums?
Page 1 of 1