HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hell finally on CD...???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Hell finally on CD...???   Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:14 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEXKjZwh3oi/

Didn't even know that Pesanta had any sort of social media presence, but apparently they do, same for Grey Sun Records. Just found out about both of these last night when my wife was cruisin her instagram and found this stuff. Cool things on there that I otherwise wouldn't know about, being somebody who visits (only) their webshops and blogs almost daily. Cool stuff in both of them though...

-- Finally some details (in the form of a production photo and updated ETA of May) for the L'Acephale Mord und Totschlag "Nail Box Edition of 10" CS
-- An ambient-drone side-project/offshoot of Lluvia called Oraison putting out a 10" (plus bonus 7" in limited numbers)
-- 4 CD Hell boxset that includes (all?) released material plus some un-released thus far.
-- Vinyl/vinyl stamp photos of Mizmor/Mania and Mizmor/Dross splits.

dope shit.

Oh yeah and Grey Sun:
https://www.instagram.com/greysunrecords_/
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Hell finally on CD...???   Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:23 am

But... MSW spoke out about how Hell would never be on CD because he hates the format, lol. Guess he needed some money. I'll buy, though, no doubt.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Hell finally on CD...???   Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:26 am

Also... what the fuck, Pesanta? Dude posted a long time ago that he was done and no longer distributing. Talked about his dad being close to death, people trying to murder him, and that he was passing along all the remaining releases to another label. Around that time he released Pesanta exclusive Hell shirts. I bought 3 of the 4. After receiving nothing after half a year and trying to contact either Pesanta or the new distributor, I had to get paypal to give my money back. I mean, I'll buy the Hell CDs, but I don't trust Pesanta a single bit. I'd be happier if MSW spoke up and said he was releasing albums through Lower Your Head and I could buy them there. Pesanta is super sketchy now in my book.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Hell finally on CD...???   Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:41 am

Adam's customer service on a grand, general scale is bad it would seem. He basically stretches himself too thin and makes promises he can't always fulfill (at least on a time table). I've read other's reviews (both customers and other labels involved with trades) that have plenty of bad things to say about Adam and the label. But on an individual basis, when he gets around to you, he treats me exceptionally well every time. I think I've made maybe five Pesanta orders so far, and every one has come with at least one freebie. He also includes personalized messages, unpublished discount codes for future orders, and exceptional packing and shipping. The Hell and Mizmor shirt thing sucks, but I understand all of the problems happening at the same tine: his dad's declining health, his dog's vet needs, financial struggle, the partnership with Holy Mountain obviously not being seamless. I messaged both Pesanta and Holy Mountain, and they both took a very long time to reply and had words of near-complete blame for the other without going into very many details. Adam even alluded to it in one or two of the instagram posts, going so far as to give it its own hashtag called "shirtfiasco2015" or something, saying that the shirts are finally soon to be on their way. I kind of just let it lie ever since the beginning signs of trouble, though. He's been good to me thus far, the shirts were cheap and I've always got other stuff rolling in to keep me occupied in the meantime. Looks like it'll pay off well enough, considering they're finally rolling around, along with all this other rad stuff.

Also, Cloister Recordings...I think that's the label run/founded by people who are friends of people from Twilight Falls, Mizmor and Dross and etc....might be wrong. Since he's doing more label collaborative releases with now them along with Grey Sun, that obviously alleviates a lot of the steess and burden of doing it all on your own before, allowing his involvement as a labelhead to continue as "Vale of Tears/Pesanta Urfolk," kind of a new beginnings/things remembered sort of establishment. That's what I think, at least, backed by personal experience, some (maybe not perfectly accurately remembered) facts, and some guessing.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Hell finally on CD...???   Sun May 22, 2016 5:10 pm

I just got those shirts from over a year ago in the mail yesterday. Fucking crazy. I even got all 4 Pesanta designs when I only ordered 3. I kind of feel bad now.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Hell finally on CD...???   Mon May 23, 2016 11:22 am

Seriously? Shit. I have a Hell and Mizmor shirt on order from when they first became available, and have written e-mails about how I've moved and need to update my shipping address, and gotten replies from both Holy Mountain and Pesanta saying that Holy Mountain would be contacting everybody who ordered shirts about confirming shipping addresses, and I still haven't gotten that e-mail. Did you receive any form of contact?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Hell finally on CD...???   Mon May 23, 2016 10:23 pm

I didn't, either. But the shirts shipped on the 17th and went to my old place first. It was from Holy Mountain so maybe you'll get yours soon.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Hell finally on CD...???   Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:08 pm

Have you heard their live set at Roadburn? I'm downloading the audio file right now and I'll split it up later when I've got time. I split up 'Tour Through Hell' years ago and I don't think anyone else has. One day I need to split up their side of the Amarok, uh, split.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Hell finally on CD...???   Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:45 pm

No I haven't. I actually tracked down all the Hell live cassettes via Discogs, but like a schmuck, haven't actually listened to any of them yet.

That 4CD set has a "coming soon" listing on Pesanta's site...only $35. Pretty sweet deal.

Also, my shirts showed up. I was back and forth with Holy Mountain a bunch. In the end, he sent me four shirts. I only ordered two, so I got two extra, doubles of what I originally ordered. What happened was he sent me the original order to my old address, my forwarding service was still active and it was forwarded successfully, but in our correspondence with each other, he was under the impression that he didn't actually send me the order yet, so he packaged the same Pesanta shirt order again and sent me that package separately (which included a Holy Mountain order I made with some Yob and Dark Castle stuff and a sweet They Live shirt). The forwarded package and the re-sent double order even arrived at my house on the same day lol
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Hell finally on CD...???   Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:32 pm

Well, I'll probably buy 2 of the cd sets because I'm shit with cds... if you want me to split any of the live shit for you, I will. They never say what song they're playing and MSW likes to release shit by side rather than song.

Glad your shirts showed up, though. I love mine. Unfortunately, my company is run by Mormons so anything religious is grounds for firing... so I might have a button up shirt on and my Hell shirt underneath only showing the image from The Divine Comedy.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Hell finally on CD...???   Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:12 pm

Purchased. Also available from Cloister Recordings, but shipping was $1 more from them plus I had a 15% coupon code (ICXCNIKA) for Pesanta, and Cloister had nothing else I wanted, so I just went with good old Pesanta again.

Advice in case you didn't already know: the Mania "Revel" LP that you can also order from Pesanta currently is incredible.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Hell finally on CD...???   Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:36 pm

I've never heard Mania... just always heard they're amazing. Don't know why I didn't listen.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Hell finally on CD...???   Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:45 pm

FUCK, I didn't use the discount code. I hope this arrives sooner than August of next year.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Hell finally on CD...???   Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:03 pm

I got mine in the mail today? What lyrics did you get? Curious to see if there are random versions with different sets. Probably not, though, but it's cool because He'll hasn't really released lyrics outside of the split with Mizmor, right?

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Hell finally on CD...???   Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:02 pm

Uhm, for all of them I think? It's a 3-page (double-sided) booklet. Pretty spiffy really, especially considering the price. Forget what lyrics have or have not been published in which releases, also. Been a while since I broke 'em all out. I did put all the discs in my changer and let 'em all play out once, though. But, I was doing housework, vacuuming, laundry, in and out of the house and front and back yard, so I barely heard it play though while having my full attention past the first disc lol
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Hell finally on CD...???   Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:44 am

It doesn't contain all the lyrics, only a select few. And after listening to the full collection there are some errors. I'm glad to have it on cd... but it seems as if there was little thought put into this.

I is pretty much correct as far as I can tell. I thought the tracks were arranged differently on the album, but I may be wrong.
II has Umbilicus and Metnal switched. On the booklet it even says that Metnal is supposed to be after Gog but Umbilicus is in it's place.
III I think the tracks are switched? If I'm not mistaken, Mourn comes before Decedere.
And then on the final disc, the first untitled track is actually just the beginning of Foetorem Timere. It states this is one of the unreleased tracks... so I'm a bit disappointed.

And now I'm double checking with the LYH bandcamp because I don't want to run downstairs and get my records... MSW has a different track order, which is what I consider the actual order, on his bandcamp for I. II has Umbilicus before Metnal... so good on the cd? but what about the booklet? III has Mourn before Decedere. I just wish they would hash out these inconsistencies and act like they give a shit. If it was noticeable for me just half paying attention, they should have caught it when they were finalizing all this. Again, I have my complaints, but I'm glad to have the complete Hell collection on cd.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hell finally on CD...???   Today at 11:12 pm

Back to top Go down

Hell finally on CD...???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1