Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Anybody remember Twilight Falls//Bleak?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Anybody remember Twilight Falls//Bleak?   Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:18 am

I made this post on ign (lol) four years ago (I think only Shrike or Loxx would even be capable of remembering or caring). Homie from those bands created Stellar Descent a few years ago. It's the same idea: lo-fi, minimalist, raw and energized nature-worshipping black metal with some folky stuff mixed in, though it of course benefits from experience and chops-polishing. It's really ambitious top tier stuff from within that whole camp--not quite as polished or adventurous as something like Skagos, but not as bare bones and amateurish as his prior bands (at least not all the time). I especially like Accretion. Darkening Peaks is equally as good, though partially marred by the inclusion of near-constant spoken word samples and field recordings. The newest, Fading, is very good, but it's one of the longer albums released so far and unfortunately also one of the most monotonous without being appropriately paired with a forgiving level of ambience or diversity. It's still good, but I just really like Accretion a ton. There's a new one coming, supposedly by the year's end, but I'd assume there will be at least a little delay since there's still no update. It's supposed to be 100 minutes and will be getting a proper 2-CD boxset release which I'll personally be waiting for, but for anybody interested, that along with all other releases thus far have at least lengthy previews if not full album uploads on his bandcamp:

http://stellardescent.bandcamp.com/

Those two splits listed were ultra limited physical releases of like 30 copies or less each I think and I haven't listened to them digitally yet, but nothing else from him has let me down.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember Twilight Falls//Bleak?   Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:05 pm

I do remember them. Was unaware about this project, though. I'll give it a listen later on when I have a chance.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember Twilight Falls//Bleak?   Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:40 pm

Jesus, that feels like fucking ages ago. Didn't ring a bell at first. I think I just listened to the myspace a bit and then left them alone.

Accretion has a really interesting sound. The drums are crazy weirdly (shittily?) produced. Like the semi mid-tempo riffing.

I'll give it a listen.

Speaking of Skagos, I'm so pissed they've yet to release a follow up to An-Archic. I fucking adore that one (even the weird male-Björk spoken word bit). On the other hand, Fauna (which I think has one of the dudes as a permanent member now), did release Avifauna, which was definitely a step up from The Hunt. https://fauna.bandcamp.com Check it if you haven't.

Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember Twilight Falls//Bleak?   Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:57 pm

Yeah I have Avifauna. I like it but haven't considered any likeness to Skagos from them. And yes, Skagos makes me mad for being such teases. Ast is fantastic, but An-Archic and especially their side of the Panopticon split are top material in the genre for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember Twilight Falls//Bleak?   Today at 1:47 am

Back to top Go down

Anybody remember Twilight Falls//Bleak?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1