Share | 

Boris

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Boris   Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:53 pm

I haven't followed these guys after Smile, what's new, what's good? I know they had two albums out at one time, are there sny others, and why wass one called Heavy Rocks wtfbro there alreadfy was one.

It would be quicker to look this shiz yp on Wikipedia but I wanna talk about deez guys and my left indfex fingers is bandaged so excuse the typos, it's not due to fat fingers guys.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Boris   Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:55 pm

and which of the newer ones are rock salbums and not drone or whatevcer? I'm not terribly big into the droney stuff, jusdt the balls-rockin good tunes.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Boris   Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:00 pm

The new Heavy Rocks was pretty decent at times. Noise has some really good tracks on it. Praparat has some pretty good songs. I don't consider them to be a very consistent band with quality and overall mood/feel on their albums. Maybe the latter is totally intentional, but I'm not really big on an album going from drone to j-pop/j-rock from song to song.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Boris   Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:28 am

Pink is a wonderful fusion of different styles, I think. I love that it opens with a shoegaze track and then rocks out for a bit, then there's kind of a sludge metal track, then back to rockin' my dick, and then ends with not necessarily a drone track but has a long passage of repetition. It's a perfect album in my opinion.

It's also so far the only one I really love. Smile never quite gripped me despite having some good tracks, and I haven't been too enticed by earlier stuff. I feel I might like Noise from the little I've heard.

I agree that there's not much cohesion. There totally is on Pink, but the others lack a little something-something.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Boris   Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:55 pm

The opener to Pink is the best part of the entire album and it's probably the best song they'll ever make. There's still a good handful of bits on that album that I just don't like that much though. I'd listen to Noise just cause it's gonna be a more similar album to Pink than Praparat is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boris   Today at 10:10 pm

Back to top Go down

Boris
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1