HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

So about Niklas Kvarforth

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: So about Niklas Kvarforth   Wed May 13, 2015 9:06 am

I was watching a documentary on black metal that featured an interview with this guy. I like Shining a fair bit but had never really read into any of the controversy surrounding them (more specifically that one live show). Anyway does anybody know if this guy is actually out of his mind, or is just playing up this "I'm so suicidal yet god's gift to humanity" thing as a front? I assume its the latter because some of what he said in the interview really sounded completely ridiculous, but then again its not like ridiculous and black metal have never gone hand in hand before.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: So about Niklas Kvarforth   Wed May 13, 2015 2:27 pm

Well, it somewhat seems a front.  I went to that one festival and saw him play live, and he never really seemed to be such an angry pissed off black metal front man.  He really seemed kind of nice and that he loved to interact with his fans.

Oh, one kind of off thing that he did is that while he was in the middle of his set some guy in the front handed him a cigarette and pretty much told him that he wanted him to put it out on his forearm. So, Kvarfoth gladly did, and the guy quickly jumped at first he and even though I couldn't hear what they were saying he pretty much was like "No, you asked for this and I got your fucking arm man, you're not going anywhere." Then the guy was like "fuck yeah" after a few seconds.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: So about Niklas Kvarforth   Wed May 13, 2015 4:36 pm

From what I've heard and read it's just an act. Doesn't seem like he really breaks from it, though.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: So about Niklas Kvarforth   Wed May 13, 2015 5:24 pm

That cigarette story did make me think of how many people I saw at that show with arms covered in cutting scars...haha.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: So about Niklas Kvarforth   Wed May 13, 2015 6:55 pm

That cigarette story doesn't surprise me. I can only imagine what kind of mentally unstable listeners his music attracts. Him playing all of this up as an act though makes perfect sense.

Though I thought "In my whole life I've met maybe four women worth talking to. The rest should all be killed" was a pretty funny quote.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: So about Niklas Kvarforth   Wed May 13, 2015 11:24 pm

I don't really know what the controversy is that you're speaking of. I don't really care for the act that he puts on, but tbh that music scene would totally value an image like that so it's not really surprising that he is such a big name in DSBM for reasons other than making The Eerie Cold and Halmstad. I think I'd rather there are more Kvarforths out there convincing edgy teens to receive cigarette burns than Silencer convincing gullible idiots that the frontman cut off his hands and replaced them with pig hands.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: So about Niklas Kvarforth   Thu May 14, 2015 4:38 am

The show where he came back from under a different name. Maniac was there with a swastika carved into his forehead and started beating him up on stage as part of the act or something which didn't go over so well being that it was in Germany. Then they handed out razorblades to the audience and Nattefrost waved his pecker around in front of everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So about Niklas Kvarforth   Today at 1:01 am

Back to top Go down

So about Niklas Kvarforth
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1