The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Before anybody even really had the time to appreciate Roads to the North...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Before anybody even really had the time to appreciate Roads to the North...   Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:27 pm

"All of my parts for the new album have been completed and are in the careful hands of Colin Marston. The first draft mixes are rolling in and all that remains to be finished are Johan's violin parts ( next week) and guest vocals by none other than my dear friend PETRI ESKELINEN ( of RAPTURE/ FEASTEM/ FAMINE YEAR fame).
This album was demoed out last spring and into summer... and I have to say it is a record I have put a lot of thought and effort into...maybe even more so than any other albums I have done so far. It was tracked over the winter in my studio space in rural Minnesotta and it picks up conceptually where "Roads To The North" left off...relishing in northern landscapes of Minnesotta, places that have become very prominent in my life in recent years...but also recalling memories of my home state and the family, friends and woods there. The album is a lament to distance and an honest search for meaning and understanding of the weight of change in ones life..kind of a processing and documentation of the struggle to redefine one's self after said changes. Musically, it still somewhat sounds similar to what you might expect...but the album has more in common with dark metal, touches of death-doom and is generally less aggressive than its predecessor....that is not to say that there aren't fast tracks on the album...there certainly are...but the album evokes a much more melancholic, autumnal feeling ( for example...katatonia " brave murder day", agalloch " pale folklore", rapture " songs for the withering", the morningside " the wind the trees the shadow of the past" and Drudkh's " a handful of stars")
The album's title dates back to 2010 when the original concept was dreamed up. The photos for the art were taken by my wife, Bekah, in the north woods of Northern Minnesota as well as the hills and mountains in Norway.
The album will be released via Bindrune in the US and Nordvis over seas. The labels and I will release the art, album title and track listing as well as details for the packaging and the final preparations are cut into stone and the mixing and mastering draws near. Thanks again for your continued support of this project. Thank you for being accepting of the project as I change and grow as a musician. I appreciate everything you folks have done over the years and am anticipating sharing this work with you. Much blood, sweat and tears have gone into this album. ( haha, to be honest, after vocal tracking for this one, I'm not sure my voice will ever be the same...)"

-Austin
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Before anybody even really had the time to appreciate Roads to the North...   Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:20 pm

Well that was fast.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Before anybody even really had the time to appreciate Roads to the North...   Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:18 pm

Not really that fast.  He recorded Roads to the North like two years ago. Albums take a long time to come out.

I've heard the demo version of this album and it's brilliant. Kind of a continuation of Roads but a much more melancholic vibe. Beautiful stuff.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Before anybody even really had the time to appreciate Roads to the North...   Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:54 pm

Hmm cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Before anybody even really had the time to appreciate Roads to the North...   Today at 6:36 pm

Back to top Go down

Before anybody even really had the time to appreciate Roads to the North...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1