The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

"a big theme for this record is approaching the relationship between rap and metal in a new way" Hunter Hunt-Hendrix

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shrike

PostSubject: "a big theme for this record is approaching the relationship between rap and metal in a new way" Hunter Hunt-Hendrix   Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:18 am

You pretentious motherfucker, you…

http://www.teethofthedivine.com/featured/interview-with-hunter-hunt-hendrix-of-liturgy/

I'm beginning to think he's basically just a musical troll. Unintentionally brilliant, but pretty much just a troll.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: "a big theme for this record is approaching the relationship between rap and metal in a new way" Hunter Hunt-Hendrix   Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:16 pm

I don't see how brilliant and him go together, any form of it.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: "a big theme for this record is approaching the relationship between rap and metal in a new way" Hunter Hunt-Hendrix   Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:42 am

Yeah, I know. Most people don't.

After hearing the song, though, I honestly get what he's saying:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GPe-RB4oZ8

It's the worst song on the album by far, but I kinda get what he was going for.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: "a big theme for this record is approaching the relationship between rap and metal in a new way" Hunter Hunt-Hendrix   Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:37 pm

I'm pretty sure he stole that choral harmony from Garm, and then I don't see how this is anything original. This isn't mixing black metal and rap.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: "a big theme for this record is approaching the relationship between rap and metal in a new way" Hunter Hunt-Hendrix   Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:59 pm

I find this shit strangely enticing. The electronics and shitty vocals have a Die Antwoord resemblance. I might actually listen to the whole album lol.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: "a big theme for this record is approaching the relationship between rap and metal in a new way" Hunter Hunt-Hendrix   Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:35 pm

this is way better
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: "a big theme for this record is approaching the relationship between rap and metal in a new way" Hunter Hunt-Hendrix   Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:34 am

Sounds like Subtle but not as good.

or good.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: "a big theme for this record is approaching the relationship between rap and metal in a new way" Hunter Hunt-Hendrix   Wed May 06, 2015 2:16 am

So... I finally got around to listening to this. I actually dig it quite a bit. I've always kind of liked Liturgy when I've taken the time to listen to them, but never enough to buy an album or even listen to one in full.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: "a big theme for this record is approaching the relationship between rap and metal in a new way" Hunter Hunt-Hendrix   Wed May 06, 2015 5:06 am

Hunter Hunt Hendrix?

?
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: "a big theme for this record is approaching the relationship between rap and metal in a new way" Hunter Hunt-Hendrix   Wed May 06, 2015 7:41 am

I actually bought this album on Bandcamp and enjoy it. The end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "a big theme for this record is approaching the relationship between rap and metal in a new way" Hunter Hunt-Hendrix   Today at 7:47 pm

Back to top Go down

"a big theme for this record is approaching the relationship between rap and metal in a new way" Hunter Hunt-Hendrix
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1