Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New Celestia coming this year, said to be their last

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: New Celestia coming this year, said to be their last   Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:30 pm

New Mortifera also came out late last year, guess that's Noku's only vehicle now. Haven't listened to it though.

source: facebook, etc.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: New Celestia coming this year, said to be their last   Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:59 pm

Didn't know about that new Mortifera. Both should be at least worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: New Celestia coming this year, said to be their last   Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:39 am

This is the new Mortifera from last year. Fucking amazing. Seriously. Maybe the best Noktu-related thing I've ever heard. Heaps better than the last two albums, very different from the stellar Vastiia tenebrd mortifera but amazing sound, specifically in its consistency from start to finish, which even Vastiia doesn't match in that department. Vastiia is of course cohesive but it's more a collection of really good songs and less of an overall accomplishment considering its shorter length. This hits the sweet spot throughout and maintains it for 45 minutes. As good as any Celestia I think. Initial reaction after one overly-enthused full listen at least lol

(For some reason the player insists on being set to start on the sixth tack. Just hit the track reverse button to reverse it back to the beginning)

[edit]: Halfway through my second listen and I'm still immensely godmotherdamfuckimpressed.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: New Celestia coming this year, said to be their last   Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:33 am

Cheers to you, sir, that was pretty awesome.  And of course I never got around to checking it out myself until now.

Also, Celestia officially broke up about a month ago.  Maybe this new album will still show up.  It's not like these guys hated each other and broke up before they could finish it.  But also sometimes a band just isn't happy with the result and just says fuck it, lets not release this shit and break up early.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: New Celestia coming this year, said to be their last   Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:48 am

The news about the "last" album coming out arrived at the same time as the word on the band being kaput, so yeah, the album was always intended to be put out regardless of how impending/recently fresh the news of the break-up was.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: New Celestia coming this year, said to be their last   Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:21 am

Touche, for some reason when I looked at the date of the announcement and the date of this thread, I didn't realize that announcement came before.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: New Celestia coming this year, said to be their last   Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:09 am

http://apparitiarecordings.bandcamp.com/album/celestia-apparitia-sumptuous-spectre

pretty good
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: New Celestia coming this year, said to be their last   Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:00 am

Also pretty old. That's the new artwork for the re-release of their first album. That's all I've seen from either them or the label since the news of their "last" album was said to be put out this year. I really hope it's not only the re-release and that there indeed will be a new album.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: New Celestia coming this year, said to be their last   Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:14 pm

i thought something was off especailly with the production
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Celestia coming this year, said to be their last   Today at 12:39 pm

Back to top Go down

New Celestia coming this year, said to be their last
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1