Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:30 pm

https://www.facebook.com/events/1513664675568276/

One venue (Oakland Metro, thankfully), one stage, but yes actually put on by the same organizers of Maryland Deathfest. Small list of confirmed bands so far and dates are set, no prices or ticket sale dates yet though.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:12 am

Nice, a little far, but I guess I can't complain when Maryland Deathfest is just 10 minutes down the street from me.  My friends on the west coast might be quite interested though. Thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:35 am

It's 75 minutes for me, but I have a hook-up for a free or mostly free hotel that's less than a mile from it. Plus I love the area it's in in Oakland, and the venue's always rad and with good sound. I would to make a true weekend oit of it and stay out there the whole time.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:26 am

Oakland is already a California deathfest.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:30 am

Hollow_Viscus wrote:
Oakland is already a California deathfest.

lmao

let's grab some beers at Beer Revolution or The Trappist one of the days. I'll definitely be buying a 3 day pass asap.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:36 am

Hhmmm. Long ass way for me but I might do it. I've used none of my vacation time at work and my wife is from California. And, as I think I've pointed out, she was living like 10-15 minutes from roughdraft at one point. So, yeah... Maybe for me. And I might meet some of you guys.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:10 pm

The metro isn't a very good venue mainly because the sound guy sucks  I don't think MDF had any choice when it came to the venue though.  SF has some pretty serious restrictions on all age venues and noise levels.  Eyehategod and Noothgrush sounded fine there both times, but Impaled has never sounded good at the Metro. Also the one time I saw Bolt Thrower at the Metro the vocalist couldn't be heard by anyone for 2-3 songs.  Still one of the best venues in the bay area unfortunately.  

I am very interested in seeing what bands are announced next considering they said "October 9th will feature grind, punk, and hardcore bands, and the shows on October 10th and 11th will feature death, black, and doom metal bands". That definitely makes it seem like all of the bands they've announced so far will be on the 10th or 11th.

edit: also look at all the tards in the facebook event page trying to get stupid ass local bands from other states on the lineup AND the even bigger tards saying that the lineup isn't special so far. Shouldn't these people be at their local metal shows chugging down pbrs and yelling "slayer" before throwing up and passing out in their boots, denim vests, and bullet belts? Disma, Gnaw Their Tongues, and Antediluvian already makes this a bit of a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:25 am

Not as many people are as metal or kvlt as you, I guess. Lineup still isn't enough for me to go. The chance to meet people I've known for YEARS is still more incentive that the show itself.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:56 am

i am sure the following announcements will be pretty damn good. I won't say MDF saves the best for last, but I will say that their ANb announcement wasn't part of their initial lineup announcement and that is a pretty big deal.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:14 am

BTFO
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:37 pm

Who's Denise?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:41 pm

I'd like to see Worship.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:11 pm

Gnaw Their Tongues is still a band? Dope
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:21 pm

final
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:14 am

Honestly, that's a pretty solid lineup in my opinion.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:31 am

Noothgrush lol
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:36 am

Tickets for this go on sale in 6 hours from the time I'm posting this. Not sure how quick this will sell out, but I'm setting close to ten alarms to make sure I wake up in time to buy my 3 day pass
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:29 am

Did you even end up going to this?

I went all three days but skipped a handful of bands on Sat and Sun. The metro sound guy still sucks mad wiener, more bands/vendors need to accept paypal or card, and the metro's bartenders should probably do a better job at not serving beer to already insanely drunk people. For sure was worth the money to me, but god damn 3 days in a row of just about any kind of music gets a bit tiring.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:19 am

I really don't understand why they call these things 'deathfest' if it's not just death metal.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:43 pm

It's a brand now. MDF started out as nothing but death metal but the promoters quickly realized that multiple days of nothing but the same genre is a fucking terrible idea so they branched out. The name is so recognizable now that it'd be stupid to change it.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:26 pm

I've been to the last two years of MDF, and yeah, the first year was great. Went with a few really good friends, and they had a pretty reasonable mix of genres with a lot of great bands I never had had the opportunity to see. Three days wasn't enough, almost.

The second year was still pretty fun, but damn, other than pretty much Arcturus, the main show was entirely death metal and they put the few black metal bands on the late show down at one of the nearby clubs. Also, went alone this time. Three days of way too fucking much death metal.

I still haven't bought tickets yet for this upcoming year, and I don't plan on going to all of the parts, but at least they did a much better job of getting a variety this year.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:39 pm

IMO this lineup wasn't diverse enough and that's why I felt a bit burnt out.

Too many local bands (Noothgrush, Dispirit, Ghoul, Autopsy, Impaled, Lycus, and more?)
The 3 or 4 doomy bands played back to back to back. All of the hxc/grind bands played on the same day. It felt like they catered too much to people who only listen to metal or only listen to hardcore. Force the straight edge vegan with silly hair to listen to some death metal. Force the 30 y.o. white guy who collects lame satanic/nazi shit to listen to a politically correct hardcore band. I was surprised by how few people I saw with 3 day pass wristbands on and I'm guessing it is because they split up the days mostly based off of band types.

More grind/pv (can someone get Insect Warfare or Hatred Surge to reform?), metallic hardcore, drone or droney (menace ruine or nadja come to mind), metal bands or metal musicians that no longer are playing metal(Ulver would b cool and Jesu would probably be welcomes just as much as Godflesh), and of course getting broken up bands to reunite or getting studio bands to perform live (ANb) would be a big ticket seller. Gnaw Their Tongues was really different and definitely not appreciated by everyone there. One guy definitely yelled out "YOU SUCK"..but that's a good thing. Push people out of their comfort zone. Some people don't want to see death metal band after death metal band even at a festival called Death Fest. The ones that do could probably benefit from listening to something they would've never bothered to check out otherwise.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:10 am

Yeah, Gnaw Their Tongues do kind of suck.  Or at least they do live.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year   Today at 9:39 am

Back to top Go down

Fuck you east coasters, California Deathfest next year
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1