The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Here goes nothing: New Botanist actually a good album.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shrike

PostSubject: Here goes nothing: New Botanist actually a good album.   Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:20 am

So I saw Botanist VI: Flora show up on my facebook-feed last week. Listened to it and realized that it was amazing. I've tried to get into Botanist once or twice before, but never really liked it. The gimmick was cool, but I was never really interested in the music itself.

VI, however, is legit. Very unique sounding, really catchy. That is, if you accept this kind of pseudo/post-black metal.

http://verdant-realm-botanist.bandcamp.com

Last edited by Shrike on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Here goes nothing: New Botanist actually a good album.   Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:20 pm

Had high hopes for this one and they delivered.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Here goes nothing: New Botanist actually a good album.   Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:28 pm

Of the first five, which would you think is the best to check out if I dig VI?
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Here goes nothing: New Botanist actually a good album.   Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:00 pm

Tried it, still couldn't get in to it. When I first heard the term "hammered dulcimer black metal" I just about creamed at the level of intrigue, but then when I listened to them I thought their actual sound was poor. I watched a few videos of live performances and they sounded worse. I may be going to see Worm Ouroboros in a couple weeks, and I think Botanist is headlininh that (unfortunately Worm is only opening).
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Here goes nothing: New Botanist actually a good album.   Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:32 am

I listened to a bit. A member from my previous band told me about them and showed me a song or two that was interesting. This is maybe something I'd get into more with repeated listens, butttt as it is it's still a bit odd.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Here goes nothing: New Botanist actually a good album.   Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:31 pm

I get how the sound could take getting used to, but it was love at first listen for me. I think it's my affinity for fuzzy blackgaze that make it easy to like for me. In terms of sound, I think the one thing that it reminds me the most of is the first Sleeping Peonies EP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here goes nothing: New Botanist actually a good album.   Today at 3:01 pm

Back to top Go down

Here goes nothing: New Botanist actually a good album.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1