Share | 

Another reason to laugh at black metal artists

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Another reason to laugh at black metal artists   Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Another reason to laugh at black metal artists   Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:57 pm

I'm assuming that their logo is supposed to be cobwebs, but it looks more like:

I agree with the left half of their statements, then on the right half they (expectedly) make it all about how elite and true they are. Whatever. They're probably huge internet consumers themselves, who cares.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Another reason to laugh at black metal artists   Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:21 pm

Here's what I got out of it: "We fetishize an outdated way of obtaining and discovering music that was inefficient and resulted in lots of disappointing moments for metal enthusiasts. Please continue to buy our vinyl which only has 50 copies and will never be repressed or else you're a poser faggot"

edit: This band has a member of Cobalt in it btw.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Another reason to laugh at black metal artists   Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:17 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:
I agree with the left half of their statements, then on the right half they (expectedly) make it all about how elite and true they are. Whatever. They're probably huge internet consumers themselves, who cares.

Yeah it started off well but then it all went downhill. They don't play live shows?
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Another reason to laugh at black metal artists   Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:02 pm

Cobalt hardly even plays live shows. I'm pretty certain they've also said a few times that they were breaking up or quitting playing live. The guy in both Recluse and Cobalt also has talked shit about Cobalt's music and their fans lol. Pretty sure the member who is also in Loss has nothing to do with the making of this picture. I wouldn't even know about all three bands if it weren't for the internet.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Another reason to laugh at black metal artists   Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:00 am

As someone old enough to have had to go through the process of discovering black metal and bands without the internet, I can appreciate where he is coming from in the beginning.  The rest of it is fairly standard BM boasting of the early days.  

I've never heard them, but a good friend of mine has checked them out quite q bit.  He says they're fairly generic raw black metal, but maybe he was only listening to them while he was checking his email.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Another reason to laugh at black metal artists   Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:43 am

I was with him until the faggots among the wolves thing.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Another reason to laugh at black metal artists   Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:04 pm

I went and checked out some of the stuff from the demo, it's only okay. Also, remember that he is a huge army guy, so this typical but still pretty dickish attitude doesn't surprise me that much. However, it's at least half image as well.

It reminds me of when I used to track down a bunch of Leviathan shit and found a really old interview with him before anyone ever knew who he was. He seemed like a totally cool and normal guy, even though some of his more recent activity might say otherwise. But if you read his interviews once people started taking note of him, he was a huge misanthropic asshole. Most of it was just an image.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Another reason to laugh at black metal artists   Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:07 pm

I hope the guy from Leviathan is all image. That documentary I watched about one man black metal painted him as a socio/psychopath. So I'd hope he's not really like that...

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Another reason to laugh at black metal artists   Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:17 pm

I've met him before. He's pretty chill.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Another reason to laugh at black metal artists   Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:53 pm

I remember you saying that in response to me.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another reason to laugh at black metal artists   Today at 12:52 pm

Back to top Go down

Another reason to laugh at black metal artists
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1