Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Probably the only Black Twilight Circle band I've really thoroughly liked

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Probably the only Black Twilight Circle band I've really thoroughly liked   Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:19 am

http://bandcamp.fallenempirerecords.com/album/kuxan-suum

And mostly for that first song. It's got an intro that I love and a great continuing ambience, nice dynamics of both catchy parts as well as slow and ambient, killer vocals and very tight playing save for parts of the drumming, an aspect I like in this instance. I was very surprised this was a BTC band and can't say I've heard another sound anywhere near as good as them, though I may be biased since they're also the only ones with prevalent post-rock influence, which always tickles my funbone when done well.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Probably the only Black Twilight Circle band I've really thoroughly liked   Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:17 pm

What the hell is Black Twilight Circle?
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Probably the only Black Twilight Circle band I've really thoroughly liked   Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:12 pm

Basically the USA copycat version of Les Légions Noires.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Probably the only Black Twilight Circle band I've really thoroughly liked   Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:41 pm

I saw a couple of the Black Twilight Circle bands live many years ago. Most of them were pretty decent, but the one that really stood out to me was Ashdautas, so I bought their one full length at the show. The mix on the album is so bad it's almost unlistenable, which is too bad.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Probably the only Black Twilight Circle band I've really thoroughly liked   Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:46 pm

Nevermind, Volahn rips as well

http://crepusculonegro.bandcamp.com/album/cn-26-aqabal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Probably the only Black Twilight Circle band I've really thoroughly liked   

Back to top Go down

Probably the only Black Twilight Circle band I've really thoroughly liked
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1