Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Rumor has it that Jimmy Kyle is trying to reunite Acid Bath

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Rumor has it that Jimmy Kyle is trying to reunite Acid Bath   Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:29 am

...with Corey Taylor from Slipknot on vocals.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/06/05/acid-bath-seeking-slipknots-corey-taylor-replace-vocalist-dax-riggs/

I actually think Corey would be a good fit. I wouldn't want them to release any more material though. If they did something with Corey, it should just be touring. It really fucking sucks that Dax isn't interested in reuniting the band. If Dax reformed Acid Bath, I'd be foaming at the mouth for a new album.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Rumor has it that Jimmy Kyle is trying to reunite Acid Bath   Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:21 am

I talked to Dax about Acid Bath at a recent solo show and as soon as I brought it up he instantly looked angry. I understand, because he probably gets that shit all the time, but he said he basically views Acid Bath as this immature band he had when he was in high school.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Rumor has it that Jimmy Kyle is trying to reunite Acid Bath   Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:49 am

Good to know that Dax is a douchebag
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: Rumor has it that Jimmy Kyle is trying to reunite Acid Bath   Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:23 am

I think the only reason he feels that way is because he isn't into metal anymore. If he was, maybe he would understand how great the band actually was. Either way, hopefully the rest of the guys figure out some way to revive the band without it turning into a disaster.

Edit: Also it would be interesting to see how Sammy divides his time between two bands.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Rumor has it that Jimmy Kyle is trying to reunite Acid Bath   Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:27 pm

I was so happy.
Then I was so sad.

Corey. REALLY?
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Rumor has it that Jimmy Kyle is trying to reunite Acid Bath   Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:17 pm

Honestly, Dax is a pretty big asshole. I wouldn't say he has an ego, but he's definitely a little too "holier than thou" for me. I'm friends with the guy who has booked his solo project in Columbus, and he says he's kind of a diva to work with.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Rumor has it that Jimmy Kyle is trying to reunite Acid Bath   Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:38 am

Shrike wrote:
I was so happy.
Then I was so sad.

Corey. REALLY?
It's no surprise to anyone (it's pretty well known actually), but I genuinely love Corey's vocals. He's pretty much the biggest redeeming factor of Slipknot for me. I think he's pretty versatile and people like to shit on him because of Stone Sour and Slipknot. That being said, I don't like Acid Bath. At all. I've always hated them and probably always will. So I can't say whether or not he's a good fit for them. But, I don't know. It kind of irks me when everyone just says 'Ugh, fuck that guy' when Corey Taylor is rumored to possibly be filling in vocals for a band.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Rumor has it that Jimmy Kyle is trying to reunite Acid Bath   Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:43 am

I think Slipknot is fucking terrible, but Corey Taylor is a talented vocalist. I think he could do the AB material well.

Granted, I'm totally against a reunion with ANY singer, but Corey Taylor definitely wouldn't be a bad choice.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: Rumor has it that Jimmy Kyle is trying to reunite Acid Bath   Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:11 am

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/there-will-never-be-new-acid-bath-music-says-guitarist-sammy-duet/

Sammy clarifies everything here. I'm totally for an Acid Bath tribute group, and I hope Corey decides to do some shows with them.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Rumor has it that Jimmy Kyle is trying to reunite Acid Bath   Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:04 am

I dunno. I gotta admit my reaction was a bit of a knee-jerk, but after youtubing some clips of him I'm still not impressed. He does have range, can't argue with that, but regardless of where in his range he is, I really dislike the vocals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumor has it that Jimmy Kyle is trying to reunite Acid Bath   Today at 7:14 pm

Back to top Go down

Rumor has it that Jimmy Kyle is trying to reunite Acid Bath
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1