The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Has anybody heard the newest Heretoir track from the upcoming album? It fucking kills

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Has anybody heard the newest Heretoir track from the upcoming album? It fucking kills   Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:26 pm

Always liked Heretoir, though I never really thought I'd think THIS highly of them--but seriously, this is awesome. It says "pre-production," but I can't imagine it sounding any better. The vocals, drums, guitar tone, little production notes like the bell chimes...FUUUUCK. Lots of dynamics and genre blending, easily the best sounding thing ever put out by the band. Great complement to the new Woods of Desolation, so hopefully it comes out soon.

https://soundcloud.com/heretoir/heretoir-eclipse-album-pre

Prepare yourself for the positively massive sound that begins to build around the halfway point. Shit is large and heavy.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard the newest Heretoir track from the upcoming album? It fucking kills   Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:10 am

Sounds alright. I've always liked them, too... but I'm not absolutely in love with this. I'd probably pick it up, though.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard the newest Heretoir track from the upcoming album? It fucking kills   Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:48 am

I like it. Never was too big on Heretoir even in my dsbm/blackgaze phase. This could be an album that I actually get into.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard the newest Heretoir track from the upcoming album? It fucking kills   Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:35 am

Yup, heard it a while back. They're taking forever to put out the new full length.

The Heretoir/Thränenkind split is godly, and the debut actually turned out to have legs. At first I felt it had too much from splits/eps and not enough new material, but going back and relistening to it a few years later it's a really solid album.

They need to get this shit out the door though.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard the newest Heretoir track from the upcoming album? It fucking kills   Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:12 pm

I thought the full length was bad mostly because the switching back and forth between real and fake drums really distracted me.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard the newest Heretoir track from the upcoming album? It fucking kills   Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:40 pm

I love the Thranenkind split as well and think Existenz is better than the new material on the full length. In fact, the only thing I strongly liked about the full length was the older material and the artwork lol. I still liked it overall, but never considered it a consistently solid album. If this new track serves as proper enticement for what is to come though, this sounds album of the year contender-worthy to me, and that's not even the kind of thing I really gauge or rank. I really love this song.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard the newest Heretoir track from the upcoming album? It fucking kills   Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:53 pm

Yeah, this is pretty damn good. Much better from than the new track from Deep Mountains I also heard today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody heard the newest Heretoir track from the upcoming album? It fucking kills   Today at 6:14 am

Back to top Go down

Has anybody heard the newest Heretoir track from the upcoming album? It fucking kills
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1