The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

This is the most insanely schizophrenic awesome metal song I've heard in ages.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shrike

PostSubject: This is the most insanely schizophrenic awesome metal song I've heard in ages.   Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:50 pm

I just came back from a "record collection nerdout" at a friend's house and he played this track. It's like they went "Fuck transitional riffs, let's just play some latin sounding guitars, then go all crusty, then black metal, then Death, then Dissectiony cheesy knight-metal, WHOOO!"

Fun as fuck.

Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: This is the most insanely schizophrenic awesome metal song I've heard in ages.   Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:07 pm

So I guess you've never heard Crotchduster? They go from hip hop to grindcore to power metal usually in the span of a few seconds.

This is pretty sweet, though. The drums sound awesome. But I don't think it sounds that schizophrenic. It all flows together pretty naturally.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: This is the most insanely schizophrenic awesome metal song I've heard in ages.   Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:43 pm

Nope, never heard Crotchduster. That said, your description didn't really make me want to check it out.

As for this track, there's definitely a flow to it, I wouldn't say it's disjointed, but there's definitely tons of different influences mixing and blending back and forth in a somewhat insane way. Like, if you were to cut out a ten second snippet from the first minute, the second, and so on, it would sound like it was from five different songs.

And yeah, the drums really pop.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: This is the most insanely schizophrenic awesome metal song I've heard in ages.   Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:04 pm

Don't take Crotchduster seriously. They're a joke band. Their only album is called "Big Fat Box of Shit".
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: This is the most insanely schizophrenic awesome metal song I've heard in ages.   Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:00 pm

This n00b hasn't heard Crotchduster? WTF?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is the most insanely schizophrenic awesome metal song I've heard in ages.   Today at 12:03 pm

Back to top Go down

This is the most insanely schizophrenic awesome metal song I've heard in ages.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1