The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Pre-orders for Sunn O)))/Ulver's Terrestrials going fast.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shrike

PostSubject: Pre-orders for Sunn O)))/Ulver's Terrestrials going fast.   Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:57 pm

Got the red one before it sold out. The white was already gone (actually prefer red, tho). Right now 227/3000 black vinyls are left.

If you want it, get it.

http://sunn.southernlord.com
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Pre-orders for Sunn O)))/Ulver's Terrestrials going fast.   Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:28 pm

it leaked also btw. Very short drone album, but the last track is really good. I also discovered there's another sunn/boris collab out there called Ensemble Pearl which I'd recommend over Altar.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Pre-orders for Sunn O)))/Ulver's Terrestrials going fast.   Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:30 pm

So, I got tired of waiting and found that the leaks available were pretty good (320kbps). So I got it and listened to it.

First track was great. Second was good in a disconcerting kind of way. Both kind of reminded me of Yellow Swans' Going Places. Not in terms of instrumentation, obviously, but in terms of that huge soundscape and the tone of it. Last track was amazing. Rygg's vocals fit perfectly, and the build up and sonic over-flow was just ace.

Like some reviewer said, it's a weird album because it was recorded BEFORE Monoliths, but remixed to and fro by Ulver until now. So it has both some vibes of Monoliths' "tender drone" as well as the more neo-orchestral vibe of Messe.

Still, the length does kind bring it down a notch. It doesn't feel like the follow up for Monoliths that I've been waiting for, but I guess that's coming down the line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre-orders for Sunn O)))/Ulver's Terrestrials going fast.   Today at 9:09 pm

Back to top Go down

Pre-orders for Sunn O)))/Ulver's Terrestrials going fast.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1