Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

TotalSelfHatred - Finnish dsbm

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: TotalSelfHatred - Finnish dsbm   Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:38 am

This is really, really good, I like it a lot. It starts out rather excellently, wonderful mid-tempo, love the drums and vocals. This is their first album I think and the second one's supposed to be a big dropoff in quality, and I scanned through that whole album on YouTube and agree with that from what incomplete songs I heard (I know that's unfair but whatever). First album's great, though. I thought of it as achieving a Swallow the Sun-esque atmosphere, sort of cold and gothic, but black metal instead of doom, of course.

Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: TotalSelfHatred - Finnish dsbm   Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:33 pm

They've been on my recommended artist-list on last.fm for ages, but I've never checked them out due to their name making them sound like a shit band. But this is good shit. DSBM hasn't really interested me lately, but this is good.

Edit: eloquent fucking post
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: TotalSelfHatred - Finnish dsbm   Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:47 pm

I was put off by the name also and a bit by the artwork, as well (plus same as you, just haven't found a lot of dsbm bands interesting lately). But I checked them out because I saw the first album heavily discounted in a label's distro and figured they'd be worth at least looking at. And now I like the artwork also because I found out that the vinyl comes in a transparent blue color lol

Also finally listened to the second album almost all the way through and it's better than I and others originally gave it credit for.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: TotalSelfHatred - Finnish dsbm   Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:43 pm

I checked them out a while ago and enjoyed it, but I forgot about them. I listen to far less bm now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TotalSelfHatred - Finnish dsbm   Today at 6:26 pm

Back to top Go down

TotalSelfHatred - Finnish dsbm
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy :: General :: Music-
Jump to: