The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The III'rd record and other Hell info that probably only Loxx is concerned about

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: The III'rd record and other Hell info that probably only Loxx is concerned about   Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:13 am

So I e-mailed the Pesanta Urfolk label-head, Adam, and asked him about some shit, including the box set, and he had this to say:

"The picture disc box set, the 'trilogy' will see a mid year release, but potentially as early as April depending on how quickly III sells out. I will be announcing the box set probably in late January.

The trilogy is actually not terribly limited, you may be thinking of the compendium wooden box, which will have one version of each hell record I've released, along with other items directly related to the project. Those are essentially limited to 23, and I'm doing. Only trades for that one."

He said he was unsure about doing a pre-order for the III vinyl, but it's actually been up for almost a week now. I got mine in on the first day. Also, Mr. Hell himself is selling pre-orders on his bandcamp for a split 12" with Mizmor, a doom/drone band I've never heard before. It's going for $18 + $8 shipping and there's only a preview sample available right now. But the Pesanta label also has the split with Amarok listed as available near to the same time as the III'rd record, and it states that there will be three different color variations available for that and that it will be released sometime in January, although there are no pre-orders listed for that yet.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: The III'rd record and other Hell info that probably only Loxx is concerned about   Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:20 pm

Thanks for the info. Just did the preorder for III. Keep me updated if you find out anything about the boxset closer to release.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The III'rd record and other Hell info that probably only Loxx is concerned about   Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:31 pm

Hell/Amarok split now available for pre-order. Wish I woulda waited on the Hell III record to just make one order for the both of them so as to have have cheaper shipping, but oh well. Wanted to guarantee my copy.

Did you buy the Mizmor split and/or listen to the preview?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The III'rd record and other Hell info that probably only Loxx is concerned about   Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:28 pm

Listened to the preview of the split and Mizmor's other stuff. Haven't ordered yet but I will later if possible. I'm pretty sure the Mizmor guy is who does most of Hell's vocals.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The III'rd record and other Hell info that probably only Loxx is concerned about   Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:55 pm

Got the album and the Mizmor split today. III came with a huge full size poster of the cover. Pretty awesome.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The III'rd record and other Hell info that probably only Loxx is concerned about   Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:37 am

Yeah, it's one of the simpler Pesanta Urfolk releases but still very impressive. The quality of the vinyl is superb. Can't wait to see what happens with the box set/woodbox of the trilogy. Gonna be sweet, really hope I can get my hands on one.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The III'rd record and other Hell info that probably only Loxx is concerned about   Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:50 pm

Yeah, I'm really eager to see that one. I'm definitely hoping I can buy a copy. Probably frame it or something if it just looks amazing since I've already got the releases.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The III'rd record and other Hell info that probably only Loxx is concerned about   Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:35 pm

Question for you... would you happen to have any of the releases by Woodsmoke? I mean any bands in general... I'd love to get some Munn or Elu of the Nine... but I can't even find downloads anywhere. There is one thing on MSW's bandcamp, but that's it.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The III'rd record and other Hell info that probably only Loxx is concerned about   Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:47 am

Nope, can't say I'm even familiar with them. What kinda stuff is it?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The III'rd record and other Hell info that probably only Loxx is concerned about   Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:43 am

Munn is just really dark and intense.  Reminds me of a bit of a mix of Sunn O))) and Hell. That's the big one that I'd love more of.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: The III'rd record and other Hell info that probably only Loxx is concerned about   Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:05 am

in case you didn't know

Hell is playing with Ass Boner (Ash Borer) in santa cruz. I think I'll be going
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The III'rd record and other Hell info that probably only Loxx is concerned about   Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:19 pm

Not like I can go. Do you have tour dates?

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The III'rd record and other Hell info that probably only Loxx is concerned about   Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:19 am

Shit. I'm there. Hell was one of the best acts at Stella Natura, and Ash Borer is always a good time. I saw Gloam at Gilman last year and they were pretty good, too.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: The III'rd record and other Hell info that probably only Loxx is concerned about   Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:32 am

ASH BORER US TOUR MMXIV (All dates with HELL)
06.25.14 - Seattle, WA - Highline
06.26.14 - Portland, OR - Rotture
06.27.14 - Arcata, CA - The Alibi
06.28.14 - Oakland, CA - TBA
06.29.14 - Santa Cruz, CA - Catalyst Atrium
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The III'rd record and other Hell info that probably only Loxx is concerned about   Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:56 am

Complete list is on Ash Borer's bandcamp.

http://ashborer.bandcamp.com/
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The III'rd record and other Hell info that probably only Loxx is concerned about   Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:45 pm

Seattle or Portland? I'm there.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The III'rd record and other Hell info that probably only Loxx is concerned about   Today at 6:21 am

Back to top Go down

The III'rd record and other Hell info that probably only Loxx is concerned about
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1