Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release   Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:59 am

http://www.wittr.com/

"pee-cordings" lol

So the "wait" turns out to be about the same as waiting for any other next release without a highly publicized and controversial "hiatus/callin 'er quits" notice. Well-designed tactic to get people off their backs and lower expectations, or is it them buying into their own media hype to increase demand and notoriety? Or maybe everybody just blew it out of proportion and misunderstood what was them saying, "Hey, we're done touring for a while and just wanna write so fuck off and leave us alone for a year or two, eh?" Whatever. Good that they're doing anything. Wonder if there's still a chance that the new stuff could be entirely/mostly acoustic, or just in some way altogether different from black metal. I wouldn't be mad at the possibility of that.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release   Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:11 am

well option one is wrong, cant lower expectations much lower than shit
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release   Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:45 pm

When I asked them about the newer material 2 years ago they said it'd be like experimental metal ala Neurosis more than anything else. We'll see if that actually happens.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release   Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:58 am

No metal. Not even drums or vocals. Just Celestial Lineage ran through a ringer. Sounds like Wolves pulling an Alcest, only in an even less expected way.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=99579

Dunno. Same as with Shelter, I'm still curious even if not particularly hopeful.

Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release   Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:24 am

It's either going to be the best thing they've ever done or a horrible heaping pile of horse shit.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release   Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:31 pm

It most certainly will not be the best thing they've ever done, idiot.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release   Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:09 pm

Be optimistic. Smile
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release   Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:44 am

"Wolves In The Throne Room has not permanently abandoned the guitar and drums! We sense that one day -- perhaps sooner, perhaps later -- we will be inspired to return to our stacks of amplifiers and cabinets to create new music."

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release   Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:18 pm

Not excite. Not one bit.

I'm all for people doing the ambient sonicscape bit. But why does it have to be bands who are already awesome at doing other genres much better?

Pretty sure this is gonna be another Sol Austan Mani Vestan…
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release   Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:26 pm

They are going to turn into the next Ulver. Get pumped up!
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release   Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:58 pm

If they had said they were trying for true trance and were making an electronica album, or they always really liked what Arcade Fire's done and were gonna try their own epic indie rock, or just plain completely strip down like a lot of peole expected and do a true neo-folk album, any of that would have elicited a more optimistic anticipation. Right now I am merely curious.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release   Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:26 pm

Hollow_Viscus wrote:
They are going to turn into the next Ulver. Get pumped up!

Thing is, Ulver, from the get go, always made huge jumps in style from album to album.

Bergtatt - folky, plenty of clean vocals,
Nattens Madrigal - lowfi Satyricon-core
Kveldssanger - neo-folk
Marriage - industrial/spoken word crazyness.

WITTR have been excellent at what they do, but they haven't shown near the range of a band like Ulver.

I guess low expectations is good, but meh.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release   Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:44 am

um NY times really

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/arts/music/pressplay.html?artist=Wolves%20in%20the%20Throne%20Room&album=Celestite

Holy fuck is this fucking awful its just fucking spacey dungeon synth shit
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release   Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:00 pm

I'm five minutes in and so far it sounds like typical 70's/80's Giallo soundtrack but with slower and spacier parts. It's weird that they're still doing it under the Wolves in the Throne Room name, but I guess it's ok.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release   Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:15 pm

Pretty good Vangelis impersonation.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release   Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:41 pm

I remember when I was making music like this 10 years ago.

But eh... It's okay, I guess. That's why I change project names. I don't want to go from electronic/ambient to doom/black metal under the same name. It's just kind of weird. But whatevs... using the name Wolves in the Throne Room will probably get them more money.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release   Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Uh... around 4 minutes in this is EXACTLY a song from Celestial Lineage. What the fuck?

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release   Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:21 pm

Loxx O))) wrote:
Uh... around 4 minutes in this is EXACTLY a song from Celestial Lineage.  What the fuck?

Celestite is supposed to be based on older material. The whole point was to steal elements from that and then ambientify it.

After hearing the first preview that came out a while back I pre-ordered it. Does sound a hell of a lot like Vangelis, but I like Vangelis, so...

I'm pretty excited to hear the full thing, though. Been listening to a lot of ambient lately, and this might slide into rotation quite easily.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release   Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:27 pm

I liked it
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release   Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:39 pm

Listened to it twice today. Good stuff.

30% Vangelis worship, 70% Burzum worship. Only this time it's Hlidskjalf.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release   Today at 6:08 am

Back to top Go down

Wolves in the Throne Room: New Pecordings Penned For 2014 Release
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1