Share | 

SIGH moozaks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: SIGH moozaks   Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:21 pm

Just got my Chinese 2-CD editions. Popped in the Scenes from Hell bonus disc first since it features an alternate mastering.

The dude who did it needs to remaster Gallows Gallery. I know that one already had a remaster, but it's peak-level bullshit (and it also omitted music).

Reason why I say that is Scenes from Hell was originally loud as fuck, and this remastering cleans things up a bit. The vocals no longer pierce your ears, the instruments are a little more clearly represented. It still sounds like dick because Sigh can't mix an album for shit (excepting Imaginary Sonicscape which had a lot of money behind it), but it's an improvement in my opinion.

I suppose some might think it sounds too soft or quiet, but really, it's loud when it needs to be.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: SIGH moozaks   Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:00 pm

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Sigh/Gallows_Gallery/88054

"Re-released on December 6, 2012 by Blood Music with a new remaster of the album and early demos of the album as a 2xCD and 2xLP. This version is blue rather than orange/red."

lol, FUUUUUUUUUCK. I hope they did an awesome job. Here I am, being a sucker, about to buy my third copy of the album.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: SIGH moozaks   Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:20 pm

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

The label's site only accepts PayPal as payment, but won't allow me to pay with a credit card without creating an account. I got rid of PP a year ago 'cos they kept fucking me.

A dude from the label posted this on Metal Archives:

"We're doing 'Gallows Gallery' on deluxe vinyl with a brand new remaster from the original mixes, and I'm so damn proud of the way the audio came out. The previous two releases (including the 2007 remaster) are awful in my opinion."

And when asked what was wrong with the 2007 remaster:

"It's compressed to hell, it's really glitchy with the dynamics IMHO, and it hangs very very high in the high end . . . Just my cents."

If he can hear how awful The End's remaster was, that likely means this one sounds loads better.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: SIGH moozaks   Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:23 pm

Fucking cockteasing motherfucker, SELL IT TO MEEEEEE
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: SIGH moozaks   Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:44 pm

What's wrong with creating an account? I've purchased things from Blood Music before, they're good peoples.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: SIGH moozaks   Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:53 pm

A PayPal account. They screwed me over a few times where I had to spend a lot of time on the phone to get my account restored to me. They kept getting my info confused with somebody else and kept locking me out of my account.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: SIGH moozaks   Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:49 pm

The dudes temporarily allowed credit card payment through PayPal without making a PP account, so woo!
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: SIGH moozaks   Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:11 pm

Oh my fuuuuuuck, this album still sounds atrocious, but this 2012 remaster is probably the best it'll ever sound. Sadly, Blood Music could only remaster whatever materials Sigh gave them, and the complete version of "Confession to Be Buried" wasn't included. That song just isn't as good without the ambient spoken word intro.

The instrumental track "-" and remix at the end are also excluded, but no big deal.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: SIGH moozaks   Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:21 pm

How do they fuck up Gallows Gallery's mastering so badly, and so often?
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: SIGH moozaks   Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:26 pm

I find that Sigh just aren't very good at getting their albums mixed and mastered properly. The original album sounded pretty muffled and shitty, but when The End remastered it, they made all the levels so loud that everything pierced the ears, and it just sounded terrible. Whoever remastered it even made the awful cymbal crashes super loud and ear-shattering.

This new one has some actual DYNAMICS and it doesn't hurt your ears to hear it, and they kept those shitty cymbals as quiet as possible without completely muting them. I think this is probably the best the album could possibly ever sound given how it was recorded and mixed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SIGH moozaks   Today at 9:53 pm

Back to top Go down

SIGH moozaks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1