Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The new Ulver record has me seriously intrigued

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: The new Ulver record has me seriously intrigued   Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:07 pm

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ulver-to-release-messe-i-x-vi-x-this-fall/

The description of the new album sounds awesome. Also I love the title of that first track.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: The new Ulver record has me seriously intrigued   Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Holy shit I just listened to the song they released already from the album. It's awesome.

Edit: I will say that the build up in the track at the end comes off as a bit sudden though. Still I love it.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: The new Ulver record has me seriously intrigued   Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:17 pm

Ah this sounds like the good ulver I've wanted to hear not that throwback rock stuff. Tongue 
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: The new Ulver record has me seriously intrigued   Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:08 pm

You can actually stream the whole thing on their bandcamp

http://ulver.bandcamp.com/album/messe-i-x-vi-x
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: The new Ulver record has me seriously intrigued   Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:26 pm

That "Glamour box" song was rocking my world last night. Definitely gonna check out more. Is it all instrumental, or does Garm sing his goofy ass off?
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: The new Ulver record has me seriously intrigued   Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:44 pm

It didn't do much for me, but I am usually a little hard (but definitely not impossible) to please when it comes to stuff like this.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: The new Ulver record has me seriously intrigued   Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:31 pm

Oh man, I'm definitely listening to the entire record tomorrow. I don't have internet at my apartment at the moment and am at the Baker Center at OU with no headphones Razz
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: The new Ulver record has me seriously intrigued   Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:00 am

I thought it was really good

Garm sings, but the majority of the album is instrumental
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: The new Ulver record has me seriously intrigued   Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:36 pm

Listened and loved it. Definitely one of their best records to date.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: The new Ulver record has me seriously intrigued   Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:45 am

I was holding out for the vinyl to be delivered, but I decided to download it anyway and gave it my first listen today at the gym.

Fuck yes, Ulver sounds like Ulver again.

Childhood's End had a few cool tracks, but it didn't have any lasting appeal for me. I'm one of the few who dug Wars of the Roses, but it was a bit lacking in purpose, a bit all over the place. This however, is fucking golden. The whole neoclassical-pseudo-chamber-esque stuff they started with Shadows of the Sun is back. But this time they actually have the orchestra to back it up. Shadows is a contender for my all time favorite album, and so far Messe hasn't dethroned it, but there is tons of potential in this album. The way they mix up their glitchy/electronic and noisy elements with the backend of the orchestra is phenomenal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new Ulver record has me seriously intrigued   Today at 4:37 pm

Back to top Go down

The new Ulver record has me seriously intrigued
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1