Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:27 pm

That weird shit that was a mix of black metal and trance/electronica? New stuff with a short 50-second preview that sounds Amesoeurs-ish. Supposed to feature Audrey Sylvain in some capacity.

Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:55 pm

I've heard Germ here and there, different demos, the and whatnot. Never got around to actually listening to the full EP or any albums if there are any. I really liked the fact that he was taking black metal and just bastardizing it completely with all the trance stuff, but I liked the idea more than I liked the compositions itself. Teaser sounds pretty promising, though less original than the other stuff.

And considering I get a chubby as soon as Audrey's vocals kick in any new Peste Noire release I'm all for her branching out and getting more songs out there, regardless of how.

I hope he takes the opportunity to kick out some awesome cleans again. Just For a Moment… is one of my favourite songs period, but his singing in Grey Waters never matched it.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:07 am

There is a full track on youtube now that i will post when i get home, total Amesoeurs worship, also audrey screams.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:47 am

Ancient Rune wrote:
There is a full track on youtube now that i will post when i get home, total Amesoeurs worship,  also audrey screams.
I'll save you the effort of being such a cocktease and do it instead.

Yeah, this shit fucking rocks. Amesoeurs worship indeed, but I've heard much, much worse rippoffs.

A bit disappointed that they opted to give her that spoken-word style, but it's still awesome, and those screams are fucking perfect.

I hope she features on other tracks too. Since Amesoeurs were pretty much DOA I'll take anything I can get. A Woods of Desolation/Amesoeurs mashup is far from the worst concept for a black metal band. If the rest of the album matches this, I'm in on day one.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:15 pm

This is really good. My waifu is a huge Amesoeurs fan so I'm sure she'll like this a lot
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:07 pm

Yeah, that was really fucking good.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:09 am

Shrike wrote:
I'll save you the effort of being such a cocktease and do it instead.
couldnt embed from my phone and posting links is a pain anyway

yea and amesoeurs worship is better than that trance shit he was doing

Last edited by Ancient Rune on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:50 pm

new song bros

Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:11 am

Butterfly was fucking excellent and that last one was...not. What the hell.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:24 pm

Those keyboard things aren't helping. I thought Germ got rid of all that electronic stuff.

Still enjoyable to me, but it would have been better without them.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:34 pm

and it leaked, its pretty meh and Audrey is only on butterfly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Today at 11:22 am

Back to top Go down

Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1