Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:27 pm

That weird shit that was a mix of black metal and trance/electronica? New stuff with a short 50-second preview that sounds Amesoeurs-ish. Supposed to feature Audrey Sylvain in some capacity.

Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:55 pm

I've heard Germ here and there, different demos, the and whatnot. Never got around to actually listening to the full EP or any albums if there are any. I really liked the fact that he was taking black metal and just bastardizing it completely with all the trance stuff, but I liked the idea more than I liked the compositions itself. Teaser sounds pretty promising, though less original than the other stuff.

And considering I get a chubby as soon as Audrey's vocals kick in any new Peste Noire release I'm all for her branching out and getting more songs out there, regardless of how.

I hope he takes the opportunity to kick out some awesome cleans again. Just For a Moment… is one of my favourite songs period, but his singing in Grey Waters never matched it.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:07 am

There is a full track on youtube now that i will post when i get home, total Amesoeurs worship, also audrey screams.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:47 am

Ancient Rune wrote:
There is a full track on youtube now that i will post when i get home, total Amesoeurs worship,  also audrey screams.
I'll save you the effort of being such a cocktease and do it instead.

Yeah, this shit fucking rocks. Amesoeurs worship indeed, but I've heard much, much worse rippoffs.

A bit disappointed that they opted to give her that spoken-word style, but it's still awesome, and those screams are fucking perfect.

I hope she features on other tracks too. Since Amesoeurs were pretty much DOA I'll take anything I can get. A Woods of Desolation/Amesoeurs mashup is far from the worst concept for a black metal band. If the rest of the album matches this, I'm in on day one.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:15 pm

This is really good. My waifu is a huge Amesoeurs fan so I'm sure she'll like this a lot
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:07 pm

Yeah, that was really fucking good.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:09 am

Shrike wrote:
I'll save you the effort of being such a cocktease and do it instead.
couldnt embed from my phone and posting links is a pain anyway

yea and amesoeurs worship is better than that trance shit he was doing

Last edited by Ancient Rune on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:50 pm

new song bros

Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:11 am

Butterfly was fucking excellent and that last one was...not. What the hell.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:24 pm

Those keyboard things aren't helping. I thought Germ got rid of all that electronic stuff.

Still enjoyable to me, but it would have been better without them.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:34 pm

and it leaked, its pretty meh and Audrey is only on butterfly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief   

Back to top Go down

Germ (Tim from Austere solo work) new album Grief
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1