Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Obituary have a Kickstarter to fund new album; already funded within 24 hours

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Obituary have a Kickstarter to fund new album; already funded within 24 hours   Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:33 pm

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/unation/help-fund-a-new-obituary-album

The project is still open for 35 more days, so you can still back it and receive various rewards if you feel so inclined. I've never been a particularly big Obituary fan, but I think it's cool that they were able to successfully fund this in such a short period of time.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Obituary have a Kickstarter to fund new album; already funded within 24 hours   Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:17 am

Shit, well done Obituary.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Obituary have a Kickstarter to fund new album; already funded within 24 hours   Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:11 pm

Honestly I am done with KS as far as MUSIC goes. The new Misery Signals was a let down for me and pretty much no matter what Protest the Hero does now I doubt it will appeal to me. Both made a fuckton of $ and both are going to end up distributing everything through a label anyways. It's sort of a betrayal because the whole idea behind these crowdfunding sites is DIY everything. Obituary probably doesn't even have it in them to make another classic DM album.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Obituary have a Kickstarter to fund new album; already funded within 24 hours   Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:22 pm

Not that I really know anything about death metal, but isn't Obituary fucking HUGE and not to mention signed? Why the hell do they need a Kickstarter?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: Obituary have a Kickstarter to fund new album; already funded within 24 hours   Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:28 pm

They're assholes that make shitty music (but get paid to do it anyway) and want to make even more.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Obituary have a Kickstarter to fund new album; already funded within 24 hours   Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:34 pm

"Kickstart" this 20+ year-old, not broken up, still active and still popular band. wtf.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Obituary have a Kickstarter to fund new album; already funded within 24 hours   Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:01 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:
"Kickstart" this 20+ year-old, not broken up, still active and still popular band. wtf.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Obituary have a Kickstarter to fund new album; already funded within 24 hours   Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:11 pm

Maybe they just wanted to pay 30 bucks for a CD. :p
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Obituary have a Kickstarter to fund new album; already funded within 24 hours   Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:51 pm

Haven't used KS yet, and Obituary aren't gonna be the band who convinces me.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Obituary have a Kickstarter to fund new album; already funded within 24 hours   Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:06 am

roughdraft_zero wrote:
Pretty spot-on comment, but if you think about it unless it's a collaboration involving established musicians, the kickstarter model just isn't really feasible for new or unknown bands.

Also, I give Obituary credit for keeping it simple and only asking for 10,000 dollars and then setting up a lot of additional things for the extra money they've already gotten and will likely get by the end of this.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Obituary have a Kickstarter to fund new album; already funded within 24 hours   Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:17 am

The only kickstarter I've ever supported is Clad in Darkness and that's because I love those dudes. Plus they only asked for like 900 dollars which is completely reasonable for self producing an album.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: Obituary have a Kickstarter to fund new album; already funded within 24 hours   Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:22 am

Clad in Darkness just sounds like a band I would be into.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Obituary have a Kickstarter to fund new album; already funded within 24 hours   Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:41 am

Yeah, Clad In Darkness are pretty good. I've known their guitarist, Coy, for a bit more than 10 years now. We used to be regulars on the official Opeth forum, and I finally got around to seeing them/meeting Coy a few times a couple years ago.

Also, I've done a few kickstarters/other sites that do the same thing, but I don't even remember which ones right now. The only music related one I was going to do, but forgot to do for some reason, was the Putrid Pile one. He wasn't doing it for his band, he was just offering a ton of Putrid Pile stuff to get money to help his girlfriend that got cancer.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Obituary have a Kickstarter to fund new album; already funded within 24 hours   Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:06 am

Yeah I've known Coy for a long time too. We touched dicks over the whole Westvleteren XII beer fiasco last year.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Obituary have a Kickstarter to fund new album; already funded within 24 hours   Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:02 am

The only good thing that comes out of this is you get stuff at least. Some bands have pretty decent merch packs etc. It is ridiculous when some people set up a KS when they have money. Like Oli Sykes doing one for his comic book. Last I checked he was worth $1.4 million.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: Obituary have a Kickstarter to fund new album; already funded within 24 hours   Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:19 am

I don't know why so many of you hate that Obituary has done a kickstarter. Most record labels don't give bands very good deals, so I can completely understand why Obituary would want to produce an album without getting involved with a record label again.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Obituary have a Kickstarter to fund new album; already funded within 24 hours   Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:48 am

Personally I'm not the biggest fan of them. I only two albums and neither album has really amazed me. I like a few songs but I am in no rush to check out their other albums.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Obituary have a Kickstarter to fund new album; already funded within 24 hours   Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:37 pm

X-pert74 wrote:
I don't know why so many of you hate that Obituary has done a kickstarter. Most record labels don't give bands very good deals, so I can completely understand why Obituary would want to produce an album without getting involved with a record label again.
Well obviously they don't need the money to make a record and they could release it independently from a record label and I'm sure everyone who jumped on this kickstarter would have bought it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obituary have a Kickstarter to fund new album; already funded within 24 hours   Today at 9:49 am

Back to top Go down

Obituary have a Kickstarter to fund new album; already funded within 24 hours
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1