HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:49 am

Cghost21 wrote:
Shitty production is a great thing? lol. I can see where you're coming from but even in this case I think that's dumb. Actually I've been listening to Black Flag's live stuff lately too and I actually prefer some of it because you can hear what's going on.

production can mean everything when it comes to the "atmosphere" of a band. Since early hardcore sounds so shitty and fucked up, it adds to what the songs are about: being shitty and fucked up.

Would "TV Party" by Black Flag be anywhere near as fun if it sounded like The Black Album?
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:04 pm

I said I understand where you're coming from. I get that changes in production change the feel of an album. But in general if the album has shitty production where you can't hear what's going on that 9 times out of 10 is not going to be a good thing.

And Damaged doesn't even have shitty production. The Black Flag stuff I was referring to was a few songs off of My War and Loose Nut because they were actually writing this weird bizarre music and live you can actually hear what's going on as opposed to it being muddied on the album.
Back to top Go down

So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2