HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:17 pm

But this is probably one of the best albums I've ever heard. The three song run at the end is basically where sludge came from. Fuck is this good.

Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:46 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:52 pm

I listened to the three tracks. I was not a big fan of it.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:56 pm

I'm a bit surprised you don't like it Loxx.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:34 pm

I like Black Flag's more hardcore-ish stuff. I haven't listened to their entire discography, though. Anyway, I dunno. There was just something about it. I'll probably give the whole album a go later.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:36 pm

I don't even understand how you can like this band when you shit on anything hardcore
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:49 pm

I don't recall Cghost ever shitting on hardcore music. As a matter of fact, I remember introducing Cghost to AFI's old stuff many years ago and he liked it.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:48 pm

The songs I posted aren't even hardcore. And I like some hardcore but it's mostly hardcore punk style stuff. Can't say I have a lot of use for most Hardcore I've listened to after like, 1990.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:00 pm

Hardcore is short for "hardcore punk", so your sentence is saying, "I like some hardcore punk but it's mostly hardcore punk style stuff".
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:01 pm

Well, there is the brocore type stuff, too.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:07 pm

Electroretard wrote:
Hardcore is short for "hardcore punk", so your sentence is saying, "I like some hardcore punk but it's mostly hardcore punk style stuff".

There's a pretty big difference between Hardcore Punk in the vein Bad Religion and Hardcore in the vein of Refused. They mean two different things now.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:11 pm

In fact I probably wouldn't have even differentiated if I hadn't though somebody would come in here and give me shit for ragging on pretty well every Metalcore band known to man after I said that. Figures I got the other end of the argument.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:14 pm

I try to stick to the original/traditional definitions of every genre.

That's why i say so many bands aren't metal.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:16 pm

So when you hear blues you call it 'Nigger noise'?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:17 pm

lol

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:47 pm

Doesn't everyone?
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:13 pm

Weak BR, I expected a better retort than that.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:25 pm

Get with the times, BR. Genres are expanding.

I actually am getting really annoyed that people keep referring to the new deafheaven album as not being metal. It's so clearly rooted in black metal. Yeah there are a bunch of non-metal elements to it too, but it still is definitely metal.

Oh and My War is a classic. I'm surprised you haven't listened to it before, ghost.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:13 am

I'm surprised your stupid ass has heard.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:24 am

I know genres have expanded. I haven't gotten with the times because I think the times are stupid.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:30 am

Cghost21 wrote:
In fact I probably wouldn't have even differentiated if I hadn't though somebody would come in here and give me shit for ragging on pretty well every Metalcore band known to man after I said that. Figures I got the other end of the argument.

Metalcore is a really dumb term. Nearly every single hardcore band in existence is influenced heavily by metal and it shows. There are still "hardcore punk" bands out there. If you don't know about Ceremony, Fucked up, OFF!, or Career Suicide then you really need to get on that.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:58 am

I'm still pretty conservative when it comes to genres as well.  Sure, I'll consider a large number of metalcore bands as metal, but there are a ton of bands that I'll never consider to be metal.  

Also, many might disagree with me, but there's something about old hardcore punk from the 80s that I can get into that newer "hardcore" bands, or even most from the 90s, just don't have.  They tend to have a different feeling.  Hardcore punk is more "I don't give a fuck" and doesn't take itself quite as seriously while newer hardcore is just whiny "I'm angry" music.

Of course, maybe I'm talking out of my ass in your guys' opinions, but out of the bands I've heard that tends to be the impression I get.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:02 am

I honestly think it's mostly the production. Modern hardcore (even in the underground) is too polished. The great thing about the first few Black Flag records is they sound completely shitty. As you said, it made it seem like the really didn't give a fuck.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:21 am

Shitty production is a great thing? lol. I can see where you're coming from but even in this case I think that's dumb. Actually I've been listening to Black Flag's live stuff lately too and I actually prefer some of it because you can hear what's going on.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:31 am

After_The_Barrel_Roll wrote:
Cghost21 wrote:

Metalcore is a really dumb term. Nearly every single hardcore band in existence is influenced heavily by metal and it shows.  There are still "hardcore punk" bands out there.  If you don't know about Ceremony, Fucked up, OFF!, or Career Suicide then you really need to get on that.  

I don't but I really don't care a whole lot about punk so I probably will wind up not checking them out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before   Today at 9:26 am

Back to top Go down

So I don't know how I'd never heard My War before
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next