Share | 

The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download   Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:04 pm

http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com/album/faith-will-fail

With shitty cell phone pics of the actual cd.

My favorite tracks are And So He Dies, Gehenna, and In His Name. Pretty fond of Blessed Day and Dead Space as well. Profound Weakness and Reborn From The Ocean are pretty meh.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download   Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:12 am

I just bought it; this is pretty cool Smile I like the simplistic, chugging riffs this has. It gives it a minimalistic, violent feeling, which is totally badass. The guitar tone in particular really works for this music.

EDIT: haha, there's a song called Dead Space Tongue
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download   Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:27 am

Can't listen at work but the artwork and layout look really good. You gonna make more copies and have them for sale?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download   Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:34 am

Thanks, Kurt. I appreciate it. And I am glad that you enjoy the cd. I really like what I did with the guitars here. Like I said in the other thread, I didn't use any pedals or effects. I just plugged straight into a combo amp and turned the gain all the way up. I think bands now rely too damn much on pedals... I swear I love the sound I get from no pedals or effects. (Wavy and psychedelic stuff excluded... that's pretty cool)

And yeah... there is a song called Dead Space. Tongue I wrote it a year or two ago... and originally I wanted to start a new death metal project. Eventually, I realized it flowed well with the rest of the Lance of Longinus stuff I was doing so I used it on this. And yeah... it originally came from the game Dead Space. And was further influenced (lyrically) by one of the audio logs you get in Dead Space 3 where someone says that there is nothing but dead space in the universe and that we're all alone. I thought that was really cool (considering all the stuff happening in the game). And it fits well with the anti-religious themes of the album. Hence the line at the end of the break down-ish section that says 'In this dead space no one can hear you pray'.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download   Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:36 am

roughdraft_zero wrote:
Can't listen at work but the artwork and layout look really good. You gonna make more copies and have them for sale?
Yes. I just got my test copy in today which is why I posted the album. I didn't want to show it to people until I had actual pictures of the final product. I'm going to order more later this week so I'll be able to send out physical copies then. I'm glad you like the artwork. I was quite fond of it all.

I'll look forward to your opinions on the music when you get the chance to listen.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download   Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:43 am

How many did you get pressed? Haven't listened yet.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download   Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Not many. I'm only getting like 50. I don't imagine there is a high need for Lance of Longinus. And hey, Kurt... since you bought it on there, I'll send you a physical copy if you want. I'm actually only going to be selling them for like $5 anyway.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download   Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:18 pm

That would be awesome Loxxie, thank you! Happy I'll PM you my address.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download   Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Oh hai, gaiz... Did you ever give it a listen?

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download   Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:10 pm

Srs guys. You gave me critiques and positive responses for the first album. I was actually looking forward to what you guys would say about this one and I barely got any response. Did I just fuck up that bad?

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download   Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:12 pm

I still haven't listened to it, but I should give it a try. I've usually liked your previous stuff, even though I never listened to all of it.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download   Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:16 pm

Well, unfortunately, you always liked my atmospheric stuff... and this isn't very atmospheric at all. I'd still like to see what you have to say, though. I think this is a much more mature release. The first album I was still just really 'finding' black metal and doom. Here, I've been listening to the genres for years and it is how they shaped me as a musician.

Maybe that's why I'm so disappointed. I got responses when I didn't know shit (like how to play a guitar). And now years later I get nothing. Tongue Aside from the two songs I released prior to finishing the cd, of course.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download   Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:19 pm

I will maybe take a listen to it loxx. Remind me though, I'll forget.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download   Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:21 pm

Sure, bro. I remember you taking the time to listen to stuff from the last album even though it was after the point where you hated metal.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download   Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:29 pm

I don't know if I'd say I hate metal. I still listen to a fair bit of it, I've just lost patience for a lot of it.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download   Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:29 pm

Just listened to the whole thing (been out of town for a while dude, hold your horses, sport). Good guitar tone, you've improved your drums (at least the sample base, not sure if I can say the actual programming is better), and your vocals are also at their best so far. Still not liking any of the chug-a-lugging, but that's just my own tastes. Pretty good work overall, mang.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download   Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:24 pm

I was just drunk, brah. I'm kinda embarrassed about it.

Anyways, yeah... I listened to Kurt and Kerr about the drums. Basically, just added some reverb so it had a bit more natural tone to it rather than just quick snaps. Improved things tons. I also enjoy the guitar tone quite a bit. Amazing that Varg's idea of using the shittiest amp and the shittiest mic really make a good sound.

But thanks, guy. I appreciate you giving it a listen. Tongue Think you might still be interested in a physical copy? I can try to get some higher quality pics of the stuff. We do have a digital camera, so I should be able to take a few pics if interested.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download   Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:26 pm

Yeah probably. 'Specially if you do a burned-logo-on-wood special edition case complete with guitar pick and ripped out pubes, Kerr-style.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download   Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:14 pm

I don't think I'll go that far, but the Vit cd was pretty cool. I'll throw in the pubes if you want.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download   Today at 2:54 pm

Back to top Go down

The new Lance of Longinus is now available for streaming and download
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1