The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Glaciation: I enjoy this music, you probably won't. Also, possibly Neige (but possibly not)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shrike

PostSubject: Glaciation: I enjoy this music, you probably won't. Also, possibly Neige (but possibly not)   Fri May 03, 2013 3:46 pm

So this was released in October with a "No contact"-label, which is apparently just means "we want to be cool and mysterious in order to gain notoriety kinda like, but we really want to make it obvious so we kinda dickishly put a label on it".

Anyways, according to some metal-archives and some Youtube comments, Neige might be on vocals together with some dude called Metastazis. It sure does sound like him at , but I thought he was done with the whole BM-thing. That said, it'd make sense for him to do stuff like this anonymously. But I really don't care because I honestly just really dig the blasty goodness.

There's also a trailer for it which really reminds me of the cinematography of the dude who did the latest Alcest videos.

Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Glaciation: I enjoy this music, you probably won't. Also, possibly Neige (but possibly not)   Fri May 03, 2013 4:24 pm

Well, there is a connection. That Metastazis dude does the album layouts for the last few Alcest releases.

I'm skeptical though. When I met Neige he gave the impression that he really doesn't want to make metal anymore. This was a few years ago though, so maybe he had a change of heart. he also could have just been talking in the context of Alcest.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Glaciation: I enjoy this music, you probably won't. Also, possibly Neige (but possibly not)   Fri May 03, 2013 7:45 pm

So that makes him pussy varg
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Glaciation: I enjoy this music, you probably won't. Also, possibly Neige (but possibly not)   Fri May 03, 2013 11:23 pm

I'm confused

This whole time I thought it was Fursy who was doing the artwork on certain albums and now I look at metal-archives and it says the dude from this band did all of it
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Glaciation: I enjoy this music, you probably won't. Also, possibly Neige (but possibly not)   Sat May 04, 2013 7:25 am

Fursy painted the covers, other dude did the actual composition/design.

As for the music itself, there are obviously two vocalists, and one dude sounds an awful lot like Neige. And Glaciation seems to have their premiere live date at Dark Bombastic Evening 5 (same place Alcest premiered after Ecailles, and Lantlos after Agape), along with, surprise, surprisem, another Neige project called Zero (with Alcest's live guitarist guy).

So after seeing that, I'm pretty sure it's him. I mean, he was still going to be involved in Lantlos even after saying he was done with Black Metal in Alcest, so I figure this is just a nice side-project where he jumps in an lays down some vocals.

http://www.darkbombasticevening.com/ro/zero
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Glaciation: I enjoy this music, you probably won't. Also, possibly Neige (but possibly not)   Sat May 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Actually, Neige is no longer in Lantlos. That live show was his last thing with them.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Glaciation: I enjoy this music, you probably won't. Also, possibly Neige (but possibly not)   Sun May 05, 2013 10:09 am

I know. Hence "was still going to be". I know he's not involved any more, but that was on account of Herbst kicking him out after Neige kept on touring with Alcest and not being able to schedule anything with Lantlos (more or less). So I'm sure Neige kinda had the intention of keeping it going, even if it fell through.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Glaciation: I enjoy this music, you probably won't. Also, possibly Neige (but possibly not)   Mon May 06, 2013 8:06 pm

I usually don't like this blasty, but I like this a lot. I hear the difference in vocalists, but I'm not getting anywhere near as strong a Neige-impression as you're saying. Whatever though, still good.

wtf is up with the point of this anonymous bullshit though
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Glaciation: I enjoy this music, you probably won't. Also, possibly Neige (but possibly not)   Tue May 07, 2013 12:08 pm

The most obvious Neigeisms are in the Glaciation track. It's more muddled on 1994, but listen to the vocals on Glaciation from 1:00-2:00. You can hear the second guy layering in at around 1:50, but up until that it's one guy. I think the way each line goes from growlish to a more trembling kind wailing/screaming thing sounds an awful like how Neige has delivered in the past.

As for the point of the anonymous bullshit, it's twofold: A. fanboys like me are dissecting it, creating some kind of word of mouth buzz. B. If it is a side-project of established musicians, it allows them to do this kind of tribute-piece, but not have to worry about touring, PR, interviews and all the other bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Glaciation: I enjoy this music, you probably won't. Also, possibly Neige (but possibly not)   Fri May 17, 2013 1:22 am

I like this muzak. I wanna get the album.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Glaciation: I enjoy this music, you probably won't. Also, possibly Neige (but possibly not)   Fri May 17, 2013 1:07 pm

I ordered it from musicfearsatan.com, it was sold out at Season of Mist.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Glaciation: I enjoy this music, you probably won't. Also, possibly Neige (but possibly not)   Sat May 25, 2013 4:18 am

I had some amazon credit so got it for $2.99
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Glaciation: I enjoy this music, you probably won't. Also, possibly Neige (but possibly not)   Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:44 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcyqOf5M8kw&feature=player_detailpage#t=870

I told you so...

Also, Winterhalter on drums wasn't the biggest surprise either.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Glaciation: I enjoy this music, you probably won't. Also, possibly Neige (but possibly not)   Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:13 pm

I thought they kinda sounded bad live. It is nice to see that it's definitely neige even though I was already pretty convinced it was him
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Glaciation: I enjoy this music, you probably won't. Also, possibly Neige (but possibly not)   Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:33 am

Yeah, the guitars at least were off from time to time, and I'm usually shit at judging musicianship. Was their first show, though, and it's a big ensemble so I'll cut them some slack. Neigr vocals are way better when he's just screaming and not playing his guitar too, though.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Glaciation: I enjoy this music, you probably won't. Also, possibly Neige (but possibly not)   Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:10 pm

First shows almost always have a few kinks. I didn't even expect a band like this to play shows.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Glaciation: I enjoy this music, you probably won't. Also, possibly Neige (but possibly not)   Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:38 am

I like the keyboard player kinda just hanging around looking like white trash.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Glaciation: I enjoy this music, you probably won't. Also, possibly Neige (but possibly not)   Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:20 am

Hollow_Viscus wrote:
I like the keyboard player kinda just hanging around looking like white trash.
Yeah, he was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glaciation: I enjoy this music, you probably won't. Also, possibly Neige (but possibly not)   Today at 7:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Glaciation: I enjoy this music, you probably won't. Also, possibly Neige (but possibly not)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1