The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Does Seņor Abz or Colonel Clinty or anybody else love themselves some Chameleons?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Does Seņor Abz or Colonel Clinty or anybody else love themselves some Chameleons?   Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:03 pm

Abner and Clinty gotta be the only ones who could possibly be called "likely" to like them, if not having at least heard of them. I've loved them for years, but I don't listen to them as much as I should and I'm involved in even fewer conversations about them. I could go on and on about them but if nobody knows them then it's maybe better just to YewToob for the noobs to start.

Playlist of the first album (yes, listen to the whole thing. There's not one song on the thing that is less than a 9/10):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9E6F978A29CFE080
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Does Seņor Abz or Colonel Clinty or anybody else love themselves some Chameleons?   Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:47 pm

I'm not really that familiar with them, but I've listened to the first couple tracks you linked and yeah they're pretty good. However, I'm usually pretty easy to please if it's music that came from the UK in the 80s.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Does Seņor Abz or Colonel Clinty or anybody else love themselves some Chameleons?   Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:48 pm

I've liked them for a while now
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Does Seņor Abz or Colonel Clinty or anybody else love themselves some Chameleons?   Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:57 pm

Listened to the first couple songs. I liked it but parts are almost blatant ripoffs of The Cure. Even the guy sounds a bit like Robert Smith lol
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: Does Seņor Abz or Colonel Clinty or anybody else love themselves some Chameleons?   Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:07 am

Haven't heard of them. Outside of Iggy Pop, I haven't discovered or actively sought out any post-punk/goth rock/all that since probably ten years ago, and The Chameleons never ran me by.

Pretty cool sheeit, doe. Like, really good. As in I may buy that album soon.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Does Seņor Abz or Colonel Clinty or anybody else love themselves some Chameleons?   Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:25 am

Cghost21 wrote:
I liked it but parts are almost blatant ripoffs of The Cure. Even the guy sounds a bit like Robert Smith lol
Uhhh...very wrong on both accounts. I'm a huge fan of both bands and I've never made any connection between the two outside of mere genre affiliation.

Abnormal Freak wrote:
Haven't heard of them. Outside of Iggy Pop, I haven't discovered or actively sought out any post-punk/goth rock/all that since probably ten years ago, and The Chameleons never ran me by.

Pretty cool sheeit, doe. Like, really good. As in I may buy that album soon.
If you don't mind a digital copy, or can afford to spend the money on an import, get the 2012 remaster. The original and the 2008 remaster especially are pretty low quality, but the recent remaster by Blue Apple is considered like a reference quality remaster.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Does Seņor Abz or Colonel Clinty or anybody else love themselves some Chameleons?   Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am

Well feck me, Amazon UK doesn't have the 2012 CD. I usually get my European CDs from them 'cos it's way cheaper than buying from US retailers, even when you factor in shipping.

And the lone copy on Discogs is 40 pounds, lol. Guess it musta been pretty limited.

"CD Strictly Limited to 500 Copies (not numbered)."

Shit.

Well, guess I'll have to go the download route.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Does Seņor Abz or Colonel Clinty or anybody else love themselves some Chameleons?   Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:51 am

http://www.blueapplemusic.co.uk/chameleondetails/chamREF122.html

8.99 GBP + 3 for shipping, dork
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Does Seņor Abz or Colonel Clinty or anybody else love themselves some Chameleons?   Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:38 am

fuck that album is 80's as fuck
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Does Seņor Abz or Colonel Clinty or anybody else love themselves some Chameleons?   Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:40 am

lol, fuck me, already bought it on iChunez

D:

Oh well, that's close to $19 anywayz. Lately I've only been buying physical if it's not much more money than the download (with a few exceptions). Still, I shouldn'ta been so hasty and maybe boughtz that instead, lol. Physical copies will always be cool (until you have no more room for 'em).

STILL, OH FUCK, IT'S LIMITED TO 500 AND THIS ALBUM RULES, so you never know, I might just buy it twice.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: Does Seņor Abz or Colonel Clinty or anybody else love themselves some Chameleons?   Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:41 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:
Cghost21 wrote:
I liked it but parts are almost blatant ripoffs of The Cure. Even the guy sounds a bit like Robert Smith lol
Uhhh...very wrong on both accounts. I'm a huge fan of both bands and I've never made any connection between the two outside of mere genre affiliation.

Make better connections
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Does Seņor Abz or Colonel Clinty or anybody else love themselves some Chameleons?   Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:57 pm

Yeah, I noticed the Cure similarities as well, with a touch of The Smiths thrown in, but The Chameleons are older than the Smiths, so if there's any influence it's the other way around. Either way, I wouldn't necessarily say anyone is ripping off anyone else here, though.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: Does Seņor Abz or Colonel Clinty or anybody else love themselves some Chameleons?   Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:00 pm

Maybe I shouldn't have said ripoffs, but it sounds very similar. Then again I feel this way about a lot of the gothic rock type stuff I've listened to.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Does Seņor Abz or Colonel Clinty or anybody else love themselves some Chameleons?   Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:28 am

Jussssst ordered a sealed copy of the Blue Apple 2012 2LP remaster (that comes with the remastered CD also) off eBay for $70 lol. The original Buy-It-Now price was $100 but I offered him $70 and thankfully he took it (I offered $60 first, that was turned down though lol). Feels pretty douchey paying that much, but the original high cost of the release when new combined with the overseas shipping (this is shipping from the US so I'm only paying $3 for shipping) wouldn't have been a whole lot less than what I'm paying now, so I actually didn't do too terribly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Seņor Abz or Colonel Clinty or anybody else love themselves some Chameleons?   Today at 9:11 pm

Back to top Go down

Does Seņor Abz or Colonel Clinty or anybody else love themselves some Chameleons?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1