The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:48 pm

In my experience, the majority of apparent weirdos in the metal scene turn out to be pretty fuckin' normal dudes.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:10 am

Maybe I should have talked to Wolves in the Throne Room.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:39 am

Awkward anecdote:

I was talking to Austin Lunn at the WITTR gig in Gothenburg a few years ago and we were getting along nicely. So then Wolves-Nathan shows up and they start talking about the tour and the bands they've been with, labels and whatnot.

So now I'm in the combo of being A. somewhat star struck, and B. finding myself in a conversation where I have literally NOTHING to contribute with.

Fifthest wheel ever, regardless of how likeable any of them where.

And as for The Ocena thing, Lox was spot on, I was talking about Mike Pilat leaving in favor of Loic. And the new Ocean album is going to come out in two versions. One with some vocals which were added late in the process, as Loic had been sick for a while during recording, and one which is entirely instrumental.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:29 pm

I'll check out the new one. I felt the last two kind of fell short in the wake of Precambrian. I think they should have just called it quits. They're never going to come close to that quality ever again.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:58 pm

Shrike wrote:
Awkward anecdote:

I was talking to Austin Lunn at the WITTR gig in Gothenburg a few years ago and we were getting along nicely. So then Wolves-Nathan shows up and they start talking about the tour and the bands they've been with, labels and whatnot.

So now I'm in the combo of being A. somewhat star struck, and B. finding myself in a conversation where I have literally NOTHING to contribute with.

And as for The Ocena thing, Lox was spot on, I was talking about Mike Pilat leaving in favor of Loic. And the new Ocean album is going to come out in two versions. One with some vocals which were added late in the process, as Loic had been sick for a while during recording, and one which is entirely instrumental.

haha is that when Lunn called me and asked if I knew you and we had a 3 second conversation?
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:19 am

Even with the all instrumental version, I'm still worried. The songwriting on the last two records has been weaker than usual, and I'm afraid it will grow even weaker as the band tries to attain a broader audience. I heard one song from the record already, and it kind of sucked.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:08 pm

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/04/08/the-ocean-collective-explore-every-imaginable-zone-with-pelagial/

Maybe it will be good? I don't know how much I trust MetalSucks though.....
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:59 pm

I don't get why ya'll like The Ocean. I think they're awful. They go back and forth between sounding like wanky bullshit and sounding like radio butt rock.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:01 pm

Electroretard wrote:
In my experience, the majority of apparent weirdos in the metal scene turn out to be pretty fuckin' normal dudes.

not that John Kerr guy, he is a fucking weirdo

and on topic, Neige clean vocals, holy fuck does he sound like an immense pussy.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:27 pm

http://www.spin.com/articles/the-ocean-bends-stream-instrumental-metal-opus-pelagial

The instrumental version of the album is the best thing since Precambrian. I'm actually impressed.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:31 pm

Electroretard wrote:
I don't get why ya'll like The Ocean. I think they're awful. They go back and forth between sounding like wanky bullshit and sounding like radio butt rock.

I never liked them either.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:40 am

Electroretard wrote:
Shrike wrote:
Awkward anecdote:

haha is that when Lunn called me and asked if I knew you and we had a 3 second conversation?

Same night, later (somewhat more drunken) moment, equally awkward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?   Today at 6:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Which vocalists kill any chance of you liking the group they are a part of?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2