Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Aorlhac

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Aorlhac   Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:22 pm

Been doin some carousing for information on the new Peste Noire and just came across a blog with news/reviews that mentioned this band. Really good stuff.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHDLP8w85Rk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-Qgq--KknQ

That cover artwork in the second link is for their 2010 full length is something I've seen before. Don't know if it was something I just saw in passing on a review site/blog, or if somebody here or IGN posted about them once, or if maybe another band used the same artwork or whatever. It's just really familiar is all. The first song's even better though actually, from a 4-way split. Just all around super solid French black metal, is all. Fucking supreme guitar tone and very good drumming and solos, and great vocals but that aren't wacky like Peste Noire and other French acts can be (not that PN doesn't pull them off, it's just that so many others who try shouldn't try).
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Aorlhac   Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:10 pm

you should also check out Sale Freux latest album L'Exil which was produced by Famine

its has his influence all over it

I have À La Croisée Des Vents and La Cité des Vents on my computer both are solid albums
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Aorlhac   Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Nice, I've been listening to Sale Freux's Subterraneous for quite a while, it's cool to see a new one has come around. But I still haven't even checked out the one before it. This one does sound a bit different, but I'm liking it so far.

But yeah, I've never heard Aorlhac, but that is some fucking good shit.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Aorlhac   Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:03 pm

Yeah Sale Freux is a band I found just because they've been listed on Peste Noire's Big Cartel webstore for a while now. I liked it but not really enough to seek out much more. Aorlhac I like more but their stuff appears to be out of print or relegated to small e-shops with expensive overseas shipping. Hopefully I don't forget about them when I have more expendable income lol
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Aorlhac   Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:15 pm

Autarcie is also good too

from their second album which is must better than their latest album
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Aorlhac   Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:44 am

Yeah, liked them for a bit now too.

Fucking hedonistic, decadent French bastards know what they're doing so often, it seems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aorlhac   Today at 2:59 am

Back to top Go down

Aorlhac
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy :: General :: Music-
Jump to: