fagsss

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: fagsss   Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:19 am

If you wanna be cool, you'll watch this

http://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/post/45613604808/a-documentary-of-nine-inch-nails-1994-1996-self
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: fagsss   Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:43 pm

What album of NIN's would you recommend listening to? I'm pretty sure I started listening to either The Downward Spiral or Pretty Hate Machine and it just didn't hit my ears right. I'm alright with some industrial-rock/metal like Godflesh
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: fagsss   Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:15 pm

The Downward Spiral is my favorite album so definitely that.

Broken is mostly guitar-driven while PHM is mostly synth, and TDS does both about equally.

Early NIN's the best, so I'd even recommend the remix albums like Fixed and Further Down the Spiral as well, but if ya wanna hear newer, Year Zero is IMO the best post-TDS album.

There's a lot of good free/legal downloads on remix.nin.com under Trent Reznor's profile, including a lot or most or all of the remix albums, plus cool stuff like unmastered instrumental versions of TDS and Year Zero, etc.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: fagsss   Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:24 pm

The Fragile is my favorite. Followed by Pretty Hate Machine. And then The Downward Spiral. I'm pretty sure Ab and myself have talked about our orders on the metal board on IGN a few times. I really like some of the songs from TDS... but as a whole I just prefer the other two. Pretty Hate Machine was the first thing I ever got, so that may play a part in why I hold it so highly. Still, I love pretty much every song on that one. But I think some of my absolute favorite songs are on The Fragile. I even love With Teeth a great bit. Pretty sure we had talks about that as well.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: fagsss   Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:52 pm

I find The Fragile to be really meandering and kinda boring. Loved it as a teen, now I just think it could've been a lot better as a single album, not two CDs. Consolidated all the really good stuff.

That said, I like all of NIN's albums, even if With Teeth is kinda boring at parts and has THE worst title track ever—possibly the only NIN song I outright despise. I find The Slip to be a much better album that was essentially going for the same sound.

The Downward Spiral is such a cohesive masterpiece, I love every sound and hook and the way it all flows together. IMO it has the best production and sound design out of any album ever (though Iggy Pop's The Idiot and Skinny Puppy's Last Rights come close). Sonic bliss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fagsss   Today at 8:02 pm

Back to top Go down

fagsss
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy :: General :: Music-
Jump to: