The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

So Hammock released an album in 2012 and no one talked about it…

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shrike

PostSubject: So Hammock released an album in 2012 and no one talked about it…   Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:31 am

Hammock's Chasing After Shadows… Living With Ghosts completely blew me away back in 2010, and I've since been watching the band pretty closely. Didn't fall in love with Asleep in the Downlights in 2011, but it was all-right.

However, I somehow completely missed that they released a massive double album last year (1h 50 min).

http://hammock.bandcamp.com/album/departure-songs

The songs blur together blur together to some kind of post-rocky ambient soundscape. But I don't give a shit because it's full of awesome melodies and sweet floaty vocals. I never got bored in the slightest, despite it being like two and half albums long. It's the perfect antithesis of all the metal stuff I've been spinning last year and definitely up there with Chasing After Shadows and Kenotic.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So Hammock released an album in 2012 and no one talked about it…   Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:11 am

Don't think I've ever heard of them but this is really good.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: So Hammock released an album in 2012 and no one talked about it…   Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:38 pm

They're consistently solid. If you enjoy this I'm sure you'll dig Chasing After Shadows and The Longest Year. Kenotic is good too, but has a bit of a different vibe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Hammock released an album in 2012 and no one talked about it…   Today at 8:06 am

Back to top Go down

So Hammock released an album in 2012 and no one talked about it…
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1