HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Isis is just about the best band ever

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Isis is just about the best band ever   Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:58 pm

I've been listening to Panopticon on repeat for a good three days now, I love this band. They nailed sludge better than pretty well everyone else, which says something because I love a lot of sludge. Something about Isis though, so good. Also never realized their drummer was as good as he is. Alterered Course might be my favourite song off of Panoticon, it is so good:

Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Isis is just about the best band ever   Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:24 pm

Off Topic:

I wanted to make a thread for this, but I knew the only person who would have liked it would have been you.

Anyway, check out this mixtape/album http://www.goingbackisnotthesameasstaying.com

If you already haven't.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Isis is just about the best band ever   Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:47 pm

I like Isis, but I like Neurosis, Giant Squid, Mouth of the Architect and Rosetta lots, lots more (not to say that those are the only bands like them that I like more).
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Isis is just about the best band ever   Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:18 pm

I like Panopticon and Oceanic a lot. I'd say Amen Ra is the best sludgey post metally band out there though. Better than Isis, Rosetta, and Neurosis
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Isis is just about the best band ever   Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:08 am

Isis is indeed amazing.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Isis is just about the best band ever   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:21 am

Metridium Fields is an amazing album, easily on par with Panopticon and Oceanic, but The Icthyologist, despite it being good, isn't of the calibre of those two. I don't even think it's on the same level as Wavering Radiant or In the Absence of Truth, so I give the edge to Isis. Could never get into Neurosis, don't know why. I really shoudl try again, I haven't listened to them since I was in high school I think. Mouth of the Architect is pretty sweet too, but I like Isis more. Don't know Rosetta very well, not sure why I never pursued them more. Just never got around to it I guess.

Oh and look, Mr. Barrel Roll is wrong again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Isis is just about the best band ever   Today at 7:48 pm

Back to top Go down

Isis is just about the best band ever
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1