AuthorMessage
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR   Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:11 am

is an overrated band

"Statement From Dave Lombardo Regarding Slayer Australian Tour 2013

I want to personally apologize to all of our fans in Australia who have bought tickets for the tour expecting to see me in my usual place on the drums.

So that you all know the truth, as of the end of the business day on February 14th, I was notified that I would not be drumming for the tour in Australia. I’m saddened, and to be honest I am shocked by the situation.

Last year, I discovered 90% of Slayer’s tour income was being deducted as expenses including the professional fees paid to management, costing the band millions of dollars and leaving 10% or less to split amongst the four of us. In my opinion, this is not the way a band’s business should operate. I tried rectifying it by letting my band mates know, and Tom and I hired auditors to figure out what happened, but I was denied access to detailed information and the necessary back up documents.

I spent the Christmas and New Year holidays realizing I had toured all over the world in 2012, but yet, had not been paid (except a small advance) or provided a proper accounting for a full year's sweat and blood. On top of this, I was told that I would not be paid until I signed a long form contract which gave me no written assurance of how much or on what basis management would deduct commissions, nor did it provide me access to the financial budgets or records for review. It also forbade me to do interviews or make statements having to do with the band, in effect a gagging order.

Last Monday, I sat down with Kerry and Tom to rehearse for Australia and to propose a new business model that I felt was the best way forward for Slayer to confidently protect itself so we could do what we do best . . . play for the fans. Kerry made it clear he wasn’t interested in making changes and said if I wanted to argue the point, he would find another drummer. On Thursday, I arrived at rehearsals at 1 pm as scheduled, but Kerry did not show. Rather, at 6:24 pm I received an email from the lawyers saying I was being replaced for the Australian dates.

I remain hopeful that we can resolve our issues. But once again, I sincerely apologize to all of our fans in Australia who spent their money expecting to see the 3 of us original Slayer members.
I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Sincerely,
Dave Lombardo"
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR   Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:51 am

Wow, how fucking gay.

Kerry sounds like a douche as always.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR   Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:12 am

What the fuck? What is this shit
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR   Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:16 am

So how much was he getting paid? Sounds like he was right here.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR   Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:22 am

This sounds pretty bad. Lombardo is a cool dude even though I'm not really much of a Slayer fan anymore. I'm pretty sure it is Kerry and possibly the others who are in the wrong. 90% of the band's money going to management and all that? The fuck? That doesn't sound right. It should be a high amount for a band that big, sure, but 90%? Dat aint sounding rite yo
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR   Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:35 am

Maybe they were wasted when they signed the contract.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR   Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:48 am

Wow that's a load of bullshit.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR   Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:20 am

Yeah I thought that was fucking stupid too. No Jeff or Dave for the Australians.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR   Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:25 pm

hopefully this will cause this shit band to disband
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR   Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:32 pm

You try way too hard, AR.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR   Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Apparently that other drummer they had will be joining them for the Australian dates. I wouldn't be surprised if Dave gets left out of the band. I'm surprised they haven't fucked off Jeff and made a new album.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR   Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:00 pm

Electroretard wrote:
You try way too hard, AR.

actually ive always hated slayer
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR   Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:21 pm

I like Slayer; their '80s stuff is awesome, and even their newer stuff I still generally find enjoyable, even if it's not that remarkable for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR   Today at 6:11 pm

Back to top Go down

SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy :: General :: Music-
Jump to: