Iceage-You're Nothing 2013 post punk

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Iceage-You're Nothing 2013 post punk   Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:46 pm

This new album is crazy good. Its official release is in about a week, but it leaked earlier. I'm not too big on their previous/debut album New Brigade. To me there are some shoegaze elements and definitely 80s hardcore punk elements in there that work really well and are probably the reason why I even like this band at all. It is on spotify if you want to check it out before downloading it. For some reason only two of the new tracks are on youtube at the moment.

Give it a shot, you might like it. I'd recommend different tracks, but these are all that are on YT. If you are willing to spotify them I would definitely listen to... Morals, Burning Hand, In Haze (pretty rockin guitars), and It Might Hit First

This is probably a pitchfork hipster indie band, but it's seriously good. I have been listening to it way more than I thought I'd be
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Iceage-You're Nothing 2013 post punk   Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:51 pm

Crazy shitty
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Iceage-You're Nothing 2013 post punk   Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:13 pm

Cghost21 wrote:
Crazy shitty

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Iceage-You're Nothing 2013 post punk   Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:03 pm

Loxx O))) wrote:
Cghost21 wrote:
Crazy shitty

Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: Iceage-You're Nothing 2013 post punk   Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:15 pm

260 plays, okay? And when was the last time I played anything by them? Years ago?

Doesn't change the fact that this Iceage band sucks ass.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Iceage-You're Nothing 2013 post punk   Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:05 am

GOTTEM
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: Iceage-You're Nothing 2013 post punk   Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:21 am

I think they might be able to grow on me. Not sure how I really feel about them right now.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Iceage-You're Nothing 2013 post punk   Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:55 am

Loxx O))) wrote:
260 plays, okay? And when was the last time I played anything by them? Years ago?

lol don't worry Lox, this fag listens to Death Grips, his opinions on everything are automatically null and void.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: Iceage-You're Nothing 2013 post punk   Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:23 am

How can post-punk exist outside of the '70s and '80s? Does not compute.

Besides, compared to Iggy's The Idiot, all post-punk is meaningless.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Iceage-You're Nothing 2013 post punk   Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:24 am

Cghost21 wrote:
Loxx O))) wrote:

lol don't worry Lox, this fag listens to Death Grips, his opinions on everything are automatically null and void.

But Death Grips is good.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Iceage-You're Nothing 2013 post punk   Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:01 am

Abnormal Freak wrote:
How can post-punk exist outside of the '70s and '80s? Does not compute.

Besides, compared to Iggy's The Idiot, all post-punk is meaningless.

Look at how successful (and good) Ghost is. Classic sounds can be brought back and done tastefully.. This band clearly likes their '80s post punk, '80s punk, and '80s hardcore. You don't have to like it, but to completely dismiss it because it is new is silly. Nostalgia fogs people's memory. I'm not a post punk snob. I don't even consider myself a post punk fan. I like Swans, I like some of The Cure, some Bauhaus is cool every once in a while, Joy Division isn't too bad, The Smiths aren't too bad I guess. This is leagues better than what Interpol has put out the past few years. How many bands have this exact sound?
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: Iceage-You're Nothing 2013 post punk   Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:24 am

I didn't even listen to the music when I made my post, lol. I thought you were pushing an Interpol-style "stuck in the past" thing.

I like a lot of music that harkens to bygone eras, but they do it in a new manner that isn't trying to be of that time period. It's the ones that do nothing new that suck, and I guess it's kinda why Witchcraft are boring, lol. But a lot of my synth muzik has touches of old.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Iceage-You're Nothing 2013 post punk   Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:49 am

woops I thought it was Loxx who made that post. They are doing their own thing while still definitely have a post-punkish sound to it. I'm really not a post punk expert in the slightest, but I COULD see fans of Joy Division liking this. To me this is fairly different, but maybe there are other sorta aggressive post punk bands out there that I don't know about. Good riffs, very audible bass, aggression which a lot of post punk doesn't have. To me it has good vox too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iceage-You're Nothing 2013 post punk   Today at 2:38 pm

Back to top Go down

Iceage-You're Nothing 2013 post punk
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1