Share | 

What is your favorite Metallica album?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:10 am

Secondary question: Is your favorite Metallica album the first you heard by them, or one you heard later on?

My favorite album of theirs, by far, is Kill 'em All:

It was also the first Metallica album I received, as a Christmas present shortly after I started getting into metal outside of Dimmu Borgir. I was honestly taken aback by how enjoyable it was to me. Years before I heard some songs from Metallica's self-titled album, which I mistakenly thought was their first as it was self-titled, and I really didn't like them Tongue Kill 'em All has a totally different style though, and one that ended up being very appealing to me. I love its raw, intense energy that pulsates through each track. Even today I can listen to songs from it and feel like the band is playing at full-power, not compromising their aural assault in any way. I have a lot of songs I love on it, but my absolute favorite on the album is No Remorse:

Love How I love thee, No Remorse.

Which Metallica album is your favorite?
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:20 am

ST ANGER DA BEST
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:24 am

St. Anger is pretty awesome

ITS MA TIME NOWWWW ITS MA TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIME ITS MA TAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:24 am

Lulu
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:08 pm

Master of Puppets. It's the album that got me into not just metal, but music.

My first album from them was actually Ride the Lightning. I loved it at the time, but Metallica didn't really hit me until I heard the intro to Battery. Fucking like 15 years later that intro still gives me goosebumps.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:02 pm

Pretty much the same as Kerr. I heard Ride the Lightning first and really loved it. But Master of Puppets has become my favorite.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:23 pm

I don't listen to them anymore, but I bought the black album as one of my first CDs which also was right when I started playing bass so I covered a lot of metallica songs when I was first playing an instrument. Ride the Lightning became my fav after a while. Never got into Kill Em All. I probably would like it a bit if I listened now
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:17 pm

I screwed up with Metallica and it kind of always tainted how I enjoyed them later in life. I really liked enter sandman so when I went to warehouse I went to get the black album. But back then I was dumb and I saw the Blackest album. It had the song I wanted on it plus more! So I got that, it seemed like a good idea.Problem is it is an industrial tribute and they were all remixes. After that I got Kill em All and Garage Inc and stopped. I liked them but never was a huge fan. I traded a CD for Master of Puppets but someone traded me a burned copy. Good album but still upset I have a burn. By this time I was pretty much out of them and never got and Justice for All, ride the lightning or the Black album.

Plus this is back when I listened to the radio all the time and they had mandatory Metallica on every night at 7 for 30 minutes so I could listen to them anytime without having to buy their albums. On Christmas they play Metallica all day long too.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:59 am

Ride the Lightning is my favorite. Kill 'Em All was the first one I owned, but I had heard the self-titled many times prior as well as MoP and AJfA (due to my brother owning them).
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:47 am

Load
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:00 am

Also I had Garage Inc. It was only memorable because I was at my friend's house listening to it with my headphones and he said something to me and I guess I said it loudly to him or something because he yelled a response back at me. So from now on if someone says something to me I take off my headphones so that I don't yell. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Also shame on you Kurt. We all know that the band's name is spelled Metellica. Just ask Mark.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:56 pm

I got into the black album with my brother fairly soon after it came out. I can't remember the order I went in after that, but my brother and I pretty quickly got all of the other ones that were released at the time. Ride the Lightning is easily my favorite. Master of Puppets is really good, but I always found it a bit overrated.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:14 pm

Ride the Lightning

Black is my first album, back in 5th or 6th grade
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:30 pm

Hollow_Viscus wrote:
Also shame on you Kurt. We all know that the band's name is spelled Metellica. Just ask Mark.

Who the fuck is Mark?
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:49 pm

@RespawnedDemon please explain to Kurt who Mark is.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:03 pm

I listened to Ride the Lightning today and thought it kinda boring. I'm listening to S&M now for the first time and I think it's pretty good. Adds some flair to otherwise boring songs.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:16 pm

I've never liked S&M. I always thought it was poorly done and it was just like they tacked on a symphony to songs that were never meant to have them. It's just a mess.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:35 pm

Plus the orchestration is blatantly out of key a lot of times.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:25 am

Hollow_Viscus wrote:
@RespawnedDemon please explain to Kurt who Mark is.

Eh there's no point. But god I miss Mark.......

And my favorite Metallica record is MoP. Metallica is and will always be my all time favorite band, and that record is and will always be my favorite Metallica record. My first Metallica record was The Black Album though. Puppets was second, and I credit it for getting me into music in general.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:30 am

Listening to St. Anger now. I think after 9 years you already know it sucks. So I'm listening now and kind of liking it. Maybe more than their old stuff. Thinking
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:13 am

I kind of like St. Anger too, in a "this is so cheesy and stupid, but still kind of enjoyable" way. I like to imagine the band dressed like cowboys, or wearing beanies and stuff, whenever I hear it.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:21 pm

St Anger really isnt a bad album and if it was released by some nobody band and not Metallica it wouldn't be shit on as much.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:37 pm

Are you kidding me? That shit is god awful.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:57 pm

I think people hated it on what they expected it to be not based on what it actually was. If you no longer have expectations for the album then you can enjoy it for what it is. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Metallica album?   Today at 8:05 am

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite Metallica album?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next