Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Side B of Sakgos' "Anarchic" finally out

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Side B of Sakgos' "Anarchic" finally out   Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:49 pm

WARNING: NO METAL

http://skagos.bandcamp.com/

along with an update:

"Movements I-V of VII of upcoming full-length, Anarchic.

Side C (movements VI and VII) will not be uploaded until the album is out.

released 21 January 2013"

So apparently it's going to be more than two sides/songs unlike originally planned (or maybe just unlike I originally misunderstood). Fantastic. Although it's made clear that they're organizing these arrangements as movements, and these two sides make up five of the seven movements. So after listening to this you'll have heard ~70% of the album. Wonderful. It's awesome shit all the way through so far, and it turns out they're going to give us more than I had originally thought. Neat-o.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Side B of Sakgos' "Anarchic" finally out   Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:30 pm

WARNING: NO GOOD
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Side B of Sakgos' "Anarchic" finally out   Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:45 pm

WTF AT THIS ETHEREAL SHIT
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Side B of Sakgos' "Anarchic" finally out   Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:31 pm

I got it in the belief that it was the rest of the album, not side b of c. That said, I fucking adored it. I've always wondered what a Björk black metal mashup would be, and that's pretty much it. As long as they finish the album with some brootal black metal, this track would sit great in the middle. But if anyone has yet to listen, I'd recommend you wait for the full album as I'm pretty sure it'll be better in context.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Side B of Sakgos' "Anarchic" finally out   Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:21 pm

Taking that advice may force them to wait a while, even longer than the projected January 21st, 2013 date listed there. Side 1 was already posted so long ago with I believe the estimated date of arrival being sometime back in May. I don't know if I'd say I truly anticipate further great delays just to finish up side C, but if they decide to again add more movements to the album, or simply indeed hold true to their statement of "Side C (movements VI and VII) will not be uploaded until the album is out" and then run into complications with getting the thing pressed...it could perhaps be a while lol

Also: anybody who does not see the greatness that is this song, that is the entire potential of this whole album, that is the band as a whole...damn.

Nah whatever lol. I fucking loved it though. I wish they'd next work on repressing some of their back catalog of super-limited/cassette tape exclusive releases. It'd be nice to be able to have some of those proper in a better quality and without having to fish through eBay or forum trades.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Side B of Sakgos' "Anarchic" finally out   Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:01 pm

Shrike wrote:
I've always wondered what a Björk black metal mashup would be, and that's pretty much it. .

pass
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Side B of Sakgos' "Anarchic" finally out   Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:59 pm

As far as I know, the album is straight up done and mastered. There's no extra work being done. All they're doing is waiting for distribution. Which is weird, since they could bandcamp it in its entirety right now. But I'm assuming that would make it even harder for them to get a distribution deal. They're probably waiting on the Ast revenue to trickle in to finance the Anarchic release, just like they said.

I really have a hard time seeing how labels like pagan flames and handmade birds aren't all over this album. I guess they're just really particular.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Side B of Sakgos' "Anarchic" finally out   Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:02 pm

HMB has a lot on their plate right now, and Panopticon is pretty much the only thing PF makes a lot of money on.

Also, if there are really more than these two sides, labels may not want to do a double LP. I know HMB likes to avoid that unless it's a guaranteed seller.

PF just needs to rerelease Satan's Almighty Penis.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Side B of Sakgos' "Anarchic" finally out   Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:43 pm

Ah, didn't consider that the length was an issue, but that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Side B of Sakgos' "Anarchic" finally out   Today at 4:20 am

Back to top Go down

Side B of Sakgos' "Anarchic" finally out
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1