Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I get the joke, but the sad part is there's just so much truth behind it

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: I get the joke, but the sad part is there's just so much truth behind it   Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:33 am

http://bullettmedia.com/article/its-always-sunny-in-philladelphia-replaces-entire-cast-finally-funny-again/

When I saw the first season, I was slightly amused, and really only came back for season two because of Danny DeVito's involvement. Throughout those seasons, Frank and Charlie are the only characters I liked, and Charlie I pretty much only liked because I think his ridiculously strained voice is funny. The show itself bored me overall, and after season 2, I already felt a sense of it being formulaic and was over it. When I was told that I "had to" watch an episode because it was "so good," I was rarely entertained.

So many of my friends have been saying that the show, despite being one of their favorites ever, has slipped in recent seasons, or at least just become tired and played out. This little promo above, yeah, like I said I get the joke they're making on themselves, but still, to me, it's more a matter of the truth seeping out than sarcastic self-jesting.

[edit]: mad props edit: Fat Haley Joel Osment as Fat Mac was a pretty good call lol
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: I get the joke, but the sad part is there's just so much truth behind it   Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:35 am

A couple of friends raved about this show and showed me a few episodes and I thought it sucked mad dick.

The end.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: I get the joke, but the sad part is there's just so much truth behind it   Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:36 am

Though to its credit, it wasn't as shittastically gay as The IT Crowd.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: I get the joke, but the sad part is there's just so much truth behind it   Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:42 am

I like the show, but it's slipped a bit. Seasons 1 and 2 are good, 3 and 4 are hit and miss. 5 is probably the best one. 6 and 7 are better than 3 and 4, but again suffer from inconsistency. I thought the joke promo was funny though
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: I get the joke, but the sad part is there's just so much truth behind it   Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:25 am

Yeah I thought the promo was funny but I've heard the show has gone downhill.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: I get the joke, but the sad part is there's just so much truth behind it   Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:21 am

One of my good friends from back home loves the show, and we usually have similar tastes. He showed me a couple episodes...I thought it was okay at best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I get the joke, but the sad part is there's just so much truth behind it   Today at 8:13 pm

Back to top Go down

I get the joke, but the sad part is there's just so much truth behind it
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1