HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Ask Abs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:17 pm

I don't really have anything to offer in trade at the moment. Unless you're interested in The Wire Complete Series on DVD, or a Paramount Collector's Set of Best Picture winners on DVD. Obviously I'd need more than Splatter High for either of those.

As for AoD, maybe at some point.  I'm still sitting on the Criterions that are qualified for replacement

Speaking of, B&N 50% off sale:  got The Brood and Dressed to Kill.  They were sold out of Muholland Drive, so I'll just give my wife a little "wish list" for my birthday coming up that'll include that, Watership Down, Insomnia, etc.  I think I've bought 4 Criterions in the last 2 years, so I'm pretty far behind
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:48 pm

What's the deal with the Army of Darkness set? I bought it but haven't watched it or heard about issues with it.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:08 am

The theatrical cut was pieced together from the new 4K scan of the international cut and they goofed up an edit where Ash is supposed to jump over a small stone wall when the evil force is chasing him. You hear him jumping over it but you just see him continuing to run, and the movie has a jump-cut from one POV shot to another and it's weird.

Then there's the international cut missing a few shots from the windmill tiny Ashes scene. So I guess they've fixed both.

Neither is damning I suppose, but jarring, and it's nice that Shout has fixed both problems. Too bad while at it they didn't fix the playback issues with the TV version where it was converted to a different framerate improperly, lol.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:13 am

That sounds like a worse issue to me lol

How does one get in on the replacement program? Link?
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:53 am

http://cart.shoutfactorystore.com/redeem/logon.aspx?sid=CC26F3B7110546BAA934A43A1EDCF32D

Fill out the form and then email info@shoutfactory.com with proof of purchase (forward email, screenshot, scan receipt, whatever).
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:26 am

Word, done.

When I did this for the Halloween 4 disc as part of the set I put the replacement disc in the package, but being the softcore obsessive compulsive completist that I am, I kept the original disc as well, but can't remember whether I left the replacement disc in the paper sleeve and put it to the side, or put the new replacement disc in the regular spindle and cast the original "bad" disc into the paper sleeve, and I can't see any matrix numbers that are different on either disc so I don't know which is which and that's the next movie in line to watch wif da wife lol

Bit on the B&N Criterion sale for the second time in a row. Spent far too much on both of them, stupid lol. It also will complete my Kubrick feature-length Blu-Ray collection, so I'm betting the 4K Blu-Rays get announced any day now lol
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:33 am

I heard the uncorrected H4 is missing flames on the disc art.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:06 pm

Finally ordered myself a region-free Blu-Ray player from 220 electronics. It's more for pal/region-locked/burned DVDs at the moment, but I suppose I now have that door open to me at least, which I guess is cool.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:35 pm

There's a lot of cool exclusives and superior editions/transfers coming out of the UK. I think you'll enjoy it. I KNOW I DO.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:53 pm

Ordered a Region 2 German disc of The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada. I think that will be my first one (not counting non-region-locked discs with PAL SD content) to test out with my new player once it arrives.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:25 pm

I got dat same one, bro. Retarded it hasn't come out here.

PAL content on BDs works with my all-region converter BD/DVD player, I was pleased to find out.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:25 pm

I'm pissed. My shelves are on the verge of bursting. I don't have a way to expand currently, as my living room is already wall-to-wall with media storage. I LIKE all my furniture and media storage, everything is comfortable and fits into place as far as the floorplan is concerned, but I have room for only maybe 50 more CDs, 35 more Blus/DVDs, 25 records and 20 tapes. For me, I'd guess that's maybe six months if I have a dry shopping spell, and this one-year lease is only seven weeks in. I've already expanded my current shelving by making two additional shelves (it's a bookshelf that had headroom above the Blu/DVD cases, so I was able to just go to Home Depot for wood and wood stain and made two additional shelves), but I hate putting titles on their side or on top of the shelving units. I have a spare office/bedroom that we've yet to make up yet, and it likely will have room for more of that kind of thing, but I don't want to separate things between rooms, but it's a mess still needing to be unpacked right now.

STILL NOT CONSIDERING DIGITALLY STORED MEDIA AS A VIABLE LIFESTYLE CHANGE
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:02 pm

Lewl. My physical media will topple over and bury me one day. It looks super shitty when not organized nicely with enough space.

You might just have to clear out some stuff.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:29 pm

NEVER

I've always been good at keeping it all clean and organized, it's just a matter of having first the floorspace and then also the shelfspace. I've run out of floorspace and shelfspace is fast-depleting.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:14 am

Mondo Macabro's LE A Lizard in a Woman's Skin BD pre-order goes live 10 a.m. PST. My dick's hard for that so much.

http://mondomacabro.bigcartel.com/

moar boobies an' butts in HD.

Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:00 pm

Cool 60% off sale at Severin Films with code severinworship. Too bad pre-orders can't be ordered with in-stock items otherwise I may have grabbed Axe and Nightmare Castle. AS IT STANDS I BLEW MY WAD ON VIDEO GAMES and just don't give a shit for low-rent movies at the moment.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:52 am

Hateful Eight being shown IN 2.75 ULTRA PANAVISION via 70MM print ON 70MM projectors in selected theaters (some of which are even bringing in special screens), for the limited opening called the "roadshow" edition, which is actually going to be a different cut from the general wide release and home video cut. Oakland has a theater that will have a screening. I need to make this happen.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:35 pm

There's a theater doing that about an hour away. No ticket info yet but I sure as shit wanna go.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:45 pm

Oakland didn't happen. That theater's latest showing was 7:35pm, I was scheduled to work until 6:30pm (actually stayed til almost 7:00) and Oakland is 90 minutes away with light traffic. A theater local to me was added late to the list, though, and had a 9:50pm showing. I barely was able to make that though. I bought tickets directly from the box office the night before on my way home from work, but come the night of, my wife was feeling ill and could barely keep her eyes open past an early evening dinner. I decided I would take her home, go to the theater just for a refund, and try to catch it another day, hopefully still during the roadshow exhibition. BUT! Driving home, at 9:30pm, wife opens her eyes, rolls her head over in the passenger seat, and mumbles, "Let's go to the movie. I really wanna see it, I think I'll regret it if I don't." So we go. I get her popcorn and root beer. She feels better and stays awake and attentive for the whole thing. The power of sugar, butter and Tarantino compelled her to kick her illness and exhaustion. That and Samuel L. Jackson's big, black dingus.

Shit ruled.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:09 pm

Really good movie. I'm hoping the longer "roadshow" cut gets put on Blu-ray and we're not just stuck with the general release version.

Love that Morricone did the music and I'm positive a song from The Thing was used when they were hammering down the rope markers in the snow.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:31 pm

Synapse Tenebrae BD ordered. Woo. Same price as the Demons steelbooks so I suspect Phenomena and Suspiria will be the same.

Kinda sucks when the equally impressive Deep Red remaster from Arrow UK only cost around $25 with shipping and also comes with a soundtrack CD and extensive restoration work.

Hey, whatever, at least we're finally getting some definitive versions of Argento films (especially with the Code Red BD for Opera getting a new 2K scan). I just wish some of the shittier BDs would get redone.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:01 am

Bill Olsen pimping his shitty wares, lol. Each title announcement on Facebook now comes with this preface:

"BUCKETLIST FEVER! Too many HOT stuff other label are releasing, But code red have stuff that's super bucketlist and be more collectible when it hits OutOfPrint world!"
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:01 am

Yeah, nothing he says makes any sense

I'm so far behind on BD's that I gave up. I'll never have everything and I accepted that
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:26 am

Wait...looking at Synapse's webshop, the Demons and Demons 2 steelbooks are...available? I thought these were value-inflated limited releases that sold out instantly at least a year or two ago and go for hundreds by resellers. Is this another batch re-printed, or something else altogether?
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:10 pm

It's the same steelbooks. They apparently sold well enough to warrant movie-only editions but the original steels are available but dwindling in numbers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Today at 9:30 pm

Back to top Go down

Ask Abs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy :: General :: Movie and Television-
Jump to: