Ask Abs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:48 pm

There's so many Fulci and Argento references in that it'll keep your head spinning. I feel like the surreal, incomprehensible story logic may be a reference to not only The Beyond but A Cat in the Brain as well.

Those UY saga books are nice. I only had a few of the digest-sized TPBs so they're easy to replace.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:03 pm

Two copies of the Father's Day final cut are back in stock at Diabolik DVD. Going back and forth on whether I wanna pay $50 + shipping just for a slightly different cut. Apparently it's just a few fixed/finalized FX shots, some color correction, and some trimming to the pacing. I guess there's some more extras including a commentary by the guy who plays Fuchman, but I've found no breakdown on what the extras are and how long they are.

It's a limited set and the only Blu-ray release with the final cut. That price tag doe...

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/Cult-Favorites/Father's-Day-6-Disc-Special-Edition-%28DVD-R2-%5Bsl%5D-Blu~Ray-RB-Combo%29.html
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:56 am

FECK ME, I went and did it.

Kick me in the DICK.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:02 am

Wank, you wouldn't happen to have the first Nightmare on Elm Street and willing to sell it for five bucks, d'ya? I had it once but after buying the complete collection, I sold it. SO WHAT DOES DISC 1 IN THE BOX SET DO? It gets scratched and skips.

I have a BD-R in its place at the moment but I'd really like to have an actual pressed disc to replace it, but I don't wanna pay $8 again just for that.

I suppose I should just peruse some Half Price Books or something.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:15 pm

I don't have any of them. Someday I'll get around to getting the set.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:30 pm

Seems that while 3/5 of Astron-6 were working on The Editor, the other two guys were gearing up for a movie called The Void, which got funded through Indiegogo. Can't wait to see it.

https://vimeo.com/120324989#at=0

The Blu-ray was a $75 minimum pledge (lol) so I hope it gets a general BD release.

Steven Kostanski proved to me how amazing with stop-motion effects he is with Manborg. I'm still not exactly sure what Jeremy Gillespie's role in the team is; he seems to lurk in the shadows more than the others.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:55 pm

Killer Workout, Shock 'Em Dead, and the other Slasher // Video preorders are $10.99 at Amazon right now. They're all from shitty standard def sources but I'm excited because they look wild. I'll probably throw a preorder in for Deadly Prey.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:33 pm

Abnormal Freak wrote:
Killer Workout, Shock 'Em Dead, and the other Slasher // Video preorders are $10.99 at Amazon right now. They're all from shitty standard def sources but I'm excited because they look wild. I'll probably throw a preorder in for Deadly Prey.

Hah, funny.  I actually pre-ordered all of them.  They're so cheap, plus, KILLER WORKOUT?!  I'll need to double-header it with Death Spa

Also got some Kino and Olive stuff like Burnt Offerings, House of Long Shadows, and whatever else. Stuff won't be this cheap again until next October.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:47 pm

I think Killer Workout, Death Spa, and Murder Rock need to be a triple bill. Haven't watched any but I've bought 'em all lulls.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:09 am

Holy dick and fart balls. Judging by the Army of Darkness caps that are on a site that keeps crashing so I can't see them all, the theatrical cut on Shout's BD looks amazing. It seriously looks like Universal might have done a recent scan of the negative. It looks good.

The director's cut looks a little weirder than the French/German discs so I'll hang on to my copy for that version.

No caps of Shout's new 4K master of the international cut, unless their theatrical cut is pieced together from that. I just hope my copy comes in today for my Evil Dead marathon.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:11 am

Related: the new Bram Stoker's Dracula BD is amazing yet people are STILL saying the shitty Superbit DVD is preferable wtf meng.

I liked the old BD but this definitely kicks the shit out of it. The framing discrepancy is 100% a non-issue.

http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/multi_list.php?hd_multiID=2704
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:39 am

Schpank, if you haven't already ordered the 3-disc Dead Next Door Blu-ray, you can use the code BRDOTCOM to get it $26.25 shipped.

http://tempevideo.tictail.com/product/the-dead-next-door-ultimate-edition-3-disc-blu-ray-dvd-cd-preorder

I already had the UK release on preorder, but at $10 less than the asking price, I think the loaded potato US release looks tasty.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:48 pm

I don't know what that is
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:42 pm

It's an '80s zombie flick that some dude started making when he was 15 or something. It was shot on 8mm, took like four years to complete, but its biggest claim to fame is that Sam Raimi produced it, which allowed for some really awesome zombie and gore effects; and all the actors were dubbed over by other actors, including Bruce Campbell in the lead.

Honestly, I barely remember the movie since I saw it about ten years ago, but the US Blu-ray is chock-full of extras and numerous cuts and ways to view the film (including original 4:3 and revised 16:9 HD versions).
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:47 pm

That's one of my favorite movies that I think genuinely needs a remake. The concept and everything are fucking awesome. It's just sooo bad.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:42 am

I do recall it being a bit of a snoozefest but with really great effects. Then again, my tolerance and enjoyment of bad movies has gotten better over the past ten years, so I might like it more this time.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:52 pm

Vampires goes up in 5 in case you forgot, or even care

Will probably take a few days to sell out in any case
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:57 pm

Bought another shitty movie just because it's limited. Dammit, I already feel like canceling.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:12 pm

Could be worse, I went over $100 so I could get the signed State of Grace :p
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:14 pm

State of Gays, amirite? lolololo
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:16 pm

Surprised it was still there. I recall enjoying it quite a bit when I watched it
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:08 pm

Army of Darkness dropped to $17.99
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:02 am

Already got it dood (plus sweet poster). The international cut on this Blu-ray is easily the best the movie has ever looked in HD. The theatrical cut is definitely pieced together from it, using whatever necessary footage from the nasty-ass Screwhead Edition spliced in, which caused a mistake which Shout are thankfully fixing. Wish Universal would just do a new scan of the negative, for frig's sake.

The director's cut even looks a smidgen better than the European BDs and the new documentary is awesome. This is definitely one of Shout's best Blu-rays, not just for the quality of the film but in overall execution (encoding, extras, content). Have yet to watch the TV cut.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:03 am

The recent surge of caps-a-holic posters are bigger fags than I am with that kinda stuff. The discussion part of it has gone steeply downhill the past year or so.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:34 am

Frank, you taking advantage of the Army of Darkness replacement program? Discs 1 and 3 are being swapped with the missing footage added in.

Also, I might have a copy of Splatter University (region-free) to trade if interested, but it depends on whether I can get a corrected copy from Amazon UK. There's a minute and a half of footage missing and it's pretty important as it contains one of the kill scenes. 88 Films have corrected it but apparently Amazon hasn't received stock, because the replacement they sent me is still the botched disc. I have until the end of January to return this one, so I'll wait till the new year and request another copy in the hopes they have new stock.

I'm getting a replacement from 88 for my first copy. I suppose I could give you the botched one and you see if 88 will send you the right disc, but you'd have to use my printed receipt and they may ask questions as to why your name and address aren't on it, lol. Unless you just scan and crop the order number and see if that works as proof of purchase.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Today at 12:05 pm

Back to top Go down

Ask Abs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy :: General :: Movie and Television-
Jump to: