Share | 

Ask Abs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:38 pm

I missed it

I ordered those Milligan titles long ago, and have absolutely no idea when to expect them
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:13 am

This is of utmost importance, I'm serious: Zombi Holocaust remastered from the negative.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/remaster-zombi-holocaust-from-the-camera-negative/x/402181

I think I'll contribute.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:15 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Recreated-Sonichu-Or-Rosechu-Medallions-On-Move-No-New-Orders-Until-2015-/191355058697?pt=Art_Sculpture&hash=item2c8da67a09

You should buy one
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:49 pm

UUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHH
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:54 pm

Ok I'm a moron. I just found a check for $20 from you buried in my wallet (6/4/14, assuming that's for Alfredo Garcia). I'll try to get it to the bank tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:57 am

Last movie I watched was TMNT (2014). I'd give it a 7/10. Not great, but not terrible. My biggest qualm this time was April in general. First viewing I didn't hate Megan Fox, this time, I did. I feel like the characters are spot on from what I know. Never read the original comics... grew up with the live action movie, the cartoon, and video games. Recently I've started buying the newest series from TMNT. Maybe my perspective is off, but those are kind of the turtles I expected.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:25 am

WRONG THREAD, DUDE.

As if Zombi Holocaust getting remastered wasn't exciting enough, the Indiegogo campaign almost has enough funds to get Burial Ground: The Nights of Terror remastered as well. Both solid pieces of oddball cinema.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:09 pm

Zombi Holocaust and Burial Ground met their goals for remastering by 88 Films. I was hoping I wouldn't have to pitch in anything because of the pound to dollar conversion. :O Now I can pick each up on release at around half the price. Won't get no exclusive slipcovers but pfft, I hate those things anyway (unless they have unique art on them, which isn't often).

Can't wait to see good Blu-rays of these two, because the Media Blasters transfers are atrocious. Like bottom-of-the-barrel terrible, two of the worst looking BDs I own. Burial Ground also has missing frames at every single cut, which is beyond absurd. Hoping 88 give a complete version of the film with the most footage intact.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:05 pm

Screen Archives is laughable with how bad their servers are. Even now, can't even get an order in for Fright Night. Guess I'll have to later today while the idiots at the Blu-ray.com board are frantically trying to secure copies and hitting Refresh fifty dozen times.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:02 pm

Yeah... I just figured I'd give it an hour to avoid that usual BS. Took 20 seconds to put the order. Thank Christ there is nothing else on their schedule that I give a crap about.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:12 pm

Might wanna get on The Manson Family quick if you don't have it. Awesome movie.

https://www.facebook.com/severinfilms/posts/10155167131735038

Quote :
As some of you may have seen, the director of one of our titles is engaging in a spot of slander. We’ll be embarking on a legal battle with regards to this behavior which we can assume will not be resolved quickly. We got involved in quite an uphill battle by committing to the near impossible task of finishing the movie THE MANSON FAMILY back in the early 2000s but we were green with inexperience and, don’t get us wrong, we are very proud of helping to get it to the finish line, where others were unable to, and ultimately of the film itself, even though it cost about six times what was proposed to us and took about five times as long. Unfortunately its recent 10th anniversary blu-ray re-issue turned out to be a big commercial failure. As a result we have no choice but to withdraw the title from distribution in all territories for an indefinite time until the matter is appropriately resolved. Effective Monday, THE MANSON FAMILY will be taken down from the Severin store, no more copies will be produced and current inventory will be destroyed.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:08 am

I do have it luckily
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:37 pm

Wow, Troma has been going crazy with releases (relative for them)

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Rabid-Grannies-Blu-ray/122650/
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:44 am

Good thing. I hope they or 88 put out Terror Firmer soon.

Just got Toxie 3 and 4 a couple days ago.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:49 pm

Get it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1334887287/frankenstein-created-bikers-a-35mm-feature-film?ref=video
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:07 pm

Wow, if it weren't for the kid, it would be cool to convince my wife to schedule a trip to Atlanta to see her mom so I could do the $750 package and be in the movie... damn

I'll do the $35 pledge sometime before it ends
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:55 pm

Oh Tera Patrick. Nice.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:29 pm

I just noticed the $25 tier which gets you a Blu-ray of the grindhouse cut of Dear God No from a 2K transfer. Trying to see if $60 will get me both Blu-rays (obs with the Frankenstein tier selected since it's limited).
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:27 pm

I guess the DGN grindhouse cut is going to be an extra on the FCB Kickstarter Blu-ray.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:55 pm

Holy pooballs, I just remembered that Twilight Time is putting Drunken Master on Blu-ray. I haven't seen many martial arts films, but this one felt like a perfect blend of comedy and kong foo badassery. Saw it on Netflix in assballs quality where the aspect ratio kept stretching from its scope ratio to 16:9 every time you'd press play. Would love to see it properly and in HD.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:57 pm

Abnormal Freak wrote:
Would love to see it properly and in HD.

Rent the disc next time.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:30 pm

Can somebody teach me how to multi-region watch DVDs again? I remember looking in to it years ago and understood it, but never allowed myself the time or budget to make it worth it so it never happened. But I've since been amassing a sizeable collection of non-NTSC DVDs that I've literally never watched because I don't have the capable equipment. It's not a huge collection by any means; basically, it's large enough that it's starting to become annoying to see them on the shelf and know that I still haven't actually watched the things. And I think I just want a DVD-decdicated player if I'm not watching a Blu-Ray cuz my Panasonic Blu-Ray player is "fuzzy" with most DVDs that aren't pro-manufactured and straightforward. My standalone Sony DVD player I had years ago seemed a lot more liberal in allowing as much as it could to be played on it. Not to say that it broke region codes or anything, but my Panasonic Blu player is finnicky with DVDs (and CDs) that are burned discs, or have picture in picture special features, menu access buttons, etc.. What's tricky about the DVDs I haven't watched is that a lot of them are actually region zero but are in PAL and I ONLY have that modern Blu-Ray player. I am, however, also collecting a few European Blu-Rays that are thankfully still multi-regional but with SD content that won't play, so I'm slightly interested in a Blu-Ray player that will play multi-region and PAL/NTSC Blu-Rays and DVDs both if it works well for everything altogether and isn't ridiculously expensive. But my Panasonic is fine for most Blu-Rays I have so if the standalone multi-region (or is PAL-converting more what I should be asking for?) DVD player makes more sense then that's what I want, if anybody has suggestions or can just explain it and I can then know what to look for to shop on my own. I remember that OPPO was king back when I knew at least a little bit more, but looking at them now it's all Blu-Ray players that are $700+. I guess everybody caught on?
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:07 am

I have an Oppo DVD player that's all-region and converts PAL to NTSC (necessary for European DVDs since our HDTVs don't handle a PAL signal, unlike HDTVs in Europe which handle both PAL and NTSC). Got it for like $200 ages ago, dunno if the model's still available.

For a Blu-ray player that's Region ABC Blu-ray and Region 0 (all) DVD, your best bet is to look at 220-Electronics.com. I've never shopped there and it looks kinda sketchy, but a lot of people have ordered all-region BD players from them and are said to be a good business. They hack the BD/DVD players they stock to be all-region. I almost got a BD player from them to play Region B Blu-rays but I decided to just get a subscription to DVDFab instead and rip/burn said BDs as region-free copies.

SD PAL content on a European BD is trickier. I don't know if I ever got a definitive answer if an all-region BD and DVD player with PAL-to-NTSC for the latter would play the PAL content on a BD. It probably would but I just don't know for sure. 220 Electronics have an option for some of their BD players to add PAL-to-NTSC conversion for a price.

If you have a BD drive on your pyooter and BD playback software, you could always view the SD PAL content that way. Same with DVDs: VLC will play PAL DVDs and I'm pretty sure it ignores region restrictions.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:11 am

Just watched Things, good gravy that is terrible. jwank, since it's your blu-ray.com avatar, tell me why I shouldn't sell it.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:20 am

Also, this website rules. Check out that blood and nudity scale at the bottom. Rich.

http://www.oh-the-horror.com/page.php?id=1355
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask Abs   

Back to top Go down

Ask Abs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy :: General :: Movie and Television-
Jump to: