HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:35 pm

http://pitchfork.com/news/47964-godspeed-you-black-emperor-announce-first-new-album-in-a-decade/

What the fucking fuck?
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:13 pm

Wicked. Any places to listen? Search came up empty for me.

Besides the tour, the Constellation webstore has it for sale. There's also an "open player in new window" thingy but it's not working (for me at least).
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:26 pm

No one has ripped it yet. They released it completely unannounced at the show in Boston tonight. Apparently they didn't even have any signs or announcements at the merch table about it hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:43 am

I could never get into this band. So boring
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:32 am

Well I thought they announced a while ago they were bringing out a new record. I guess they just never announced a release date until now.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:06 am

godspeed, death grips, converge

all in one night
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:33 am

Huh? What night?
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:35 am

I should have said all in one day, but I'm too tired.

Converge leaked around the time people were uploading GY!BE
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:52 am

Oh. Leaks. Thought you were talking about shows.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:34 am

I knew what he was talking about.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:40 am

This is fucking awesome and really fucking unexpected.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:55 am

Stupid band name for a stupid band.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:29 pm

I remember thinking they were okay. However, they still kind of leave a bad taste in my mouth for admittedly a stupid reason. I was hugely in love with this one girl about 10 years ago. She was single, hot, and into black/death metal, and plenty of other cool things. However, she was hanging out with her ex-boyfriend a bit while I was hanging out with her. He was an extremely unattractive, chubby, loser with almost no self-confidence (but it should be noted that I had no confidence either at the time). One day I was talking to her about Emperor, whom she was a fan, and he just said "Who's that? Some new band trying to get popular by ripping off Godspeed you Black Emperor's name?" I was so surprised by the stupidity that I didn't know what to say.

Of course, she ended up getting back with him and not me. But now every time I see the band's name, I think of that fucker's face.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:21 pm

Everything in your life involves a girl.
Back to top Go down
CnC6

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:25 pm

Album is fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Electroretard wrote:
Everything in your life involves a girl.

Which ironically he always seems to pull hot fucking bitches, which may be why they all seem to be fucking stupid

Im not really sure the point im trying to get across with this, oh well
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:42 pm

This is actually the only band that makes me think of someone when I see their name/hear them, and it's more so him than it is her. However, I have friends that are all like "I can't listen to that band anymore, I used to listen to them with my ex-girlfriend a lot, and so now I get sad when I hear them." Fuck that kind of shit.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:45 pm

Fuck bitches, Music > Bitches
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:59 pm

CnC6 wrote:
Album is fucking awesome.

GIVE IT TO ME!!!!!!!!!!

(keep in mind, I haven't even attempted to find the album online anywhere yet, and I probably should sometime soon.....)
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:19 pm

I've actually never even listened to them before. I'm 100% sure that if I check them out they are not going to live up to the hype in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:41 pm

tuggernuts wrote:
I've actually never even listened to them before. I'm 100% sure that if I check them out they are not going to live up to the hype in this thread.

In all seriousness, GYBE deserve all the praise they get. They pretty much single handedly invented an entire genre and no one has done it like them since.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:16 am

Electroretard wrote:
tuggernuts wrote:

In all seriousness, GYBE deserve all the praise they get. They pretty much single handedly invented an entire genre and no one has done it like them since.

I don't know, they just sound like a band that's trying to get famous by stealing Emperor's name.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:21 am

A Silver Mt. Zion is kinda like them.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:27 am

When I first heard them it just wasn't my thing. They're a great band though. Not hipster garbage. I think everyone should give all of Lift Your Skinny Fists... a listen.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:33 am

Tortoise and Sigur Ros were there at the same time as GYBE (and I'm sure there were others), they didn't single handedly invent anything. That said, they kind of were the pioneers of the unbelievably pretentious 15 minutle long bullshit sessions where nothing actually ever happens, exactly what Post-Rock is synonomous with nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out   Today at 11:38 pm

Back to top Go down

So, uh...there's a new Godspeed You Black Emperor Album and it's already out
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next