Share | 

Deadly Spawn Blu-ray sucks dick...AGAIN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Deadly Spawn Blu-ray sucks dick...AGAIN   Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:45 pm

I think Gay Wank may be the only one who I've talked to about this at all, but the initial Blu-ray put out by the film's producer, Ted A. Bohus and the classic horror label Elite Entertainment, sucks some Godzilla-sized wang.

All it was was a really horrible upconvert of the eight-year-old Synapse Films DVD with all sorts of noise reduction applied. (Check that shit out.)

So people pissed and moaned and Ted said, "OK! I'll go back and do it right! Revisiting the original 16mm negative!"

So he posts a screenshot supposedly from the OCN, and while it's a really tiny pic, not full res HD, it looked pretty promising, with more detail and better color than what's on the DVD. (Check that shit out.) Some of us were fools enough to get excited and think Ted would pull through.

So (lotsa beginning paragraphs with "So" here), I've been talking to Kevin Pyrtle at WTF-Film about this, and he selflessly laid down his life (and money) to cover the NEW, IMPROVED BLU-RAY DISC by ordering from a webstore that Ted pointed out would ONLY be carrying the revised Blu-ray.

So he gets it, and guess what? That fucker Ted misled us all AND RELEASED THE SAME DAMN THING ONLY WITHOUT NOISE REDUCTION. (Check THAT SHIT out.) It's nothing more than an upconvert of the same old Synapse DVD right down to retaining the windowboxing. What's worse, it's not even a proper de-interlaced upconvert and so looks even shittier than if you were to pop in that decade-old DVD in a Blu-ray player that does proper upconversion. So it's a steaming pile of shit and Ted tried to pass it under our noses, but we could smell that slimy, smelly turd in an instant.

What a fucking hack. There's speculation that once he started looking into a proper HD scan of the original elements that he discovered just how much it would cost to make an HD master and either couldn't afford it or wouldn't go through with it. The biggest kick to the balls, however, is that when the first Blu-ray came out, Synapse's Don May, Jr. expressed his disappointment and how he had offered Ted a deal to do a brand-new scan of the film and release it himself, but Ted claims Don never made this kind of offer—even saying that Don wasn't INTERESTED in doing a Blu-ray for the film—and continued through with Elite instead. (A similar situation happened with Brian Yuzna and Re-Animator; Don offered to do an all-new scan and that, and he would've done a bang-up job because Synapse BDs ANALLY BUTT-RAPE the competition, but Brian said he was already too far in negotiations with Image Entertainment to pull out [probably wasn't anything to do with legality but just would have felt like a dick otherwise], so in the end, discerning fans get a pretty shitty Blu-ray instead.)

So fuck Ted, that stupid bastard for doing such a shitty job twice now, and trying to pass it off as "the best possible home video experience yet." (He actually said that he compared this shitty upscale to the 16mm original on 15-foot screens and could see no real discernible difference. Maybe the dude needs some new specs? Also, note how he behaves like a little bitch and says he'll never post there again, lololol.)

So yeah ("So," lol), if you were planning to ever pick up this Blu-ray—don't. The Synapse DVD is still available and is the best option, if you don't already own it.
Back to top Go down
CnC6

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Spawn Blu-ray sucks dick...AGAIN   Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:54 am

So worked up over such a shitty movie.

BUT

You should do a blog where you just bitch about stuff because it's really fun to read.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Spawn Blu-ray sucks dick...AGAIN   Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:03 am

I already got the DVD. But Bryan's right--this flick doesn't really need the ultimate HD super-treatment, even if you do enjoy it. In fact it's probably best suited to VHS lol
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Spawn Blu-ray sucks dick...AGAIN   Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:42 am

Nonsense. Put ALL the films on Blu-ray. And I like this one enough to get an actual hi-def release of it.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Spawn Blu-ray sucks dick...AGAIN   Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:32 pm

And you laughed when I bought the DVD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deadly Spawn Blu-ray sucks dick...AGAIN   Today at 8:11 pm

Back to top Go down

Deadly Spawn Blu-ray sucks dick...AGAIN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1