Share | 

Fuck Troma

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Fuck Troma   Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:59 pm

So the excellent movie Father's Day by the director team Astron-6 has been getting fucked over by Troma for a long time. They've pushed the Blu-ray release back several times, and now that it's finally coming out I discover it's NOT THE FINAL CUT of the film. Furthermore, despite being finished and wanting it released, Troma has not included the making-of documentary, Lloyd himself even saying in the intro that Astron-6 didn't want it on the set (ha!). I guess they didn't want their audio commentary on the set either?

So I learn all this right when my Amazon order is getting ready to ship and I can't cancel it. I'll just have to send it back as defective (so I don't have to pay return shipping). It's possible I'll hang on to it, but I'm just pissed that Troma had to go and screw with it so bad and I don't want to support that or pay $25 when a better Blu-ray may come out overseas.

What it all boils down to is:

Spoiler:

Which is true. Lloyd sucks shit at directing and you can see that on the making-of documentaries for Terror Firmer, Citizen Toxie, and Poultrygeist. He gets pissed and blames it on an incompetent crew, but the thing is he never tries to inspire in others a better idea of how to go about things and make a good movie. Why? Because Lloyd himself is incapable of making a good movie, and he's a pissed-off, cranky asshole who takes his incompetence out on others who are just there because they love Troma flicks.

At least Anchor Bay is releasing Charles Kaufman's Mother's Day on Blu-ray so it will actually come out. Lloyd's brother is ten times the director he is. It's low-budget and cheap-looking, but there's art and craft there. And what makes Lloyd such a laughingstock is he always harps on about how he's the last bastion of independent filmmaking. Blow it out your faggot ass, dude.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Troma   Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:20 pm

I saw the making-of Citizen Toxie, and while the movie itself is one of my all-time favorites, the making-of was really unprofessional. Lloyd Kaufman really seemed like a terrible person to work for.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Troma   Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:16 pm

I agree. I was really looking forward to it and this news was a huge disappointment.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Troma   Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:16 pm

X-pert74 wrote:
I saw the making-of Citizen Toxie, and while the movie itself is one of my all-time favorites, the making-of was really unprofessional. Lloyd Kaufman really seemed like a terrible person to work for.

Yeah, it's the SAME stuff in the other documentaries. They're really depressing to watch and I don't know why I even wasted so much time doing so.

In Poultrygeist, there's this whole segment in the film where there's a parody of the "Thriller" dance, and it really sucks and is unfunny, and during the making-of, you see the writer of the film being all pissed off and saying, "I didn't even write this shit in there, it sucks, and Lloyd is spending a lot of money and LITERALLY THE WHOLE DAY FILMING IT."

There's also this wonderful scene where they're filming outdoors, and the DP is trying to get the right lighting, and Lloyd just bursts out, "Fuck all that shit! It doesn't matter! It'll look the same either way; nobody's gonna care or notice! Let's just get the scene shot!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuck Troma   Today at 9:30 pm

Back to top Go down

Fuck Troma
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy :: General :: Movie and Television-
Jump to: