Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:00 pm

Electroretard wrote:
Loxx O))) wrote:
I don't really get the Weakling ripoff thing. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention to it... but I've never thought that.
No, other people aren't paying enough attention. Maybe 20 seconds of that entire album sound like Weakling.

That's something I've disputed and discussed my confusion over before, maybe even here, but I think it was long enough ago that it was actually at IGN.

Last edited by roughdraft_zero on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:00 pm

They got more popular, so Bryan hated them as their popularity rose. Funny how that works.

Tongue

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

CnC6 wrote:
Diadem of 12 Stars > Two Hunters > Black Cascade > Malevolent Grain > Celestial Lineage

Funny how that works.

That's how I'd rank them too. Maybe I'd put Celestial Lineage above Malevolent Grain though.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:01 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:
That's something I've disputed and discussed my confusion over before, maybe even here, but I think it was long enough ago that it was actually at IGN.
What? The Weakling comparison or CnC's order?

I SEE AFTER THE EDIT

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:06 pm

yeah.

Something I just could never wrap my mind around (aside from how it DOESN'T sound like Weakling, or at least not a blatant Weakling ripoff as many say they are, or were) was the order of the proof, the order being: Everybody accused Weakling of being shameless European/Scandinavian ripoff artists. Wolves came around and they were called poster boys for the new USBM sound, which was shameful and inferior to the more pure and classic European/Scandinavian sound, and at the same time, they were also shameless Weakling ripoff artists. The glaring lack of logic to all that never made any fucking sense to me, especially when like I said, I'm in love with and intimately familiar with both bands and don't see the blatant connection in sound.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Was long atmospheric black metal not really a thing back then? Is that how they're a rip off? That's the closest I can think.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:14 pm

just how many times do i have to make that joke before people get IM FUCKING TROLLING
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:17 pm

I figured that much. Doesn't mean that droves of other people said and say it completely seriously.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:05 pm

Ancient Rune wrote:
just how many times do i have to make that joke before people get IM FUCKING TROLLING
Yeah, it's not you. I've heard this shit before I even knew who you were.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Today at 11:17 pm

Back to top Go down

I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2