I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:29 am

It's been a while since I've listened to the whole thing rather than just playing "I Will Lay Down My Bones Among The Rocks and Roots." So good.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:54 am

Loxx O))) wrote:
So good.
Anybody who disagrees would have to be mad.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:57 am

roughdraft_zero wrote:
Loxx O))) wrote:
So good.
Anybody who disagrees would have to be mad.
Chad and AR probably would.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:05 am

They both don't count since Chad wouldn't actually even give it a chance and AR would say so just to say so. I'm like 99% sure he at least likes the album overall.

[edit]: just realized that that doesn't disqualify either of them from still being classified as "mad."
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:10 am

I'm listening through Black Cascade now. I seem to remember people not really liking this or Malevolent Grain. But fuck it. In my opinion Wolves have never done any wrong. I love all their stuff. I hope they do call it quits for good. I got to see them live at least once and they went out on an awesome note with Celestial Lineage.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:15 am

I really like Malevolent Grain a lot actually. Black Cascade and Celestial Lineage though are indeed low points of theirs for me, Black Cascade being the lowest, but I'd still call it above average black metal, or maybe rather simply "below WitTR average." I've also listened to those two albums like around only ten times each since I was so unimpressed by them, so I suppose they do maybe have potential to grow on me, but I haven't given them that chance yet.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:17 am

Malevolent Grain was actually my favorite for a while. Really love that one. I think maybe Black Cascade is my least favorite but it's still pretty damn good. Maybe Celestial Lineage will grow on you, maybe not. I really like that one. Specifically tracks 1, 3, and 6. Awesome songs.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:31 am

That was the first album of theirs where I actually felt there was the dreaded "filler" songs, of course being the intros/interludes. To me they are mostly all worthless. Compare that to something like the lengthy transitional periods within songs in Diadem, or the lengthy intro "Dea Artio" on Two Hunters, and those are actually wonderful. For me they actually are successful proponents for proper dynamics, or competently hold or dilute tension, etc.. The songs that aren't "real songs" on Celestial Lineage are just uninteresting and interruptive, I thought. Black Cascade, from what I remember, of course didn't suffer from this since it's pretty raw and relentless black metal through and through.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:34 am

I agree with you about Celestial Lineage with the filler songs. I think the interludes and stuff can be skipped over, but I think the actual songs on there are really great and some of their most memorable ones to me.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:47 am

That's the other thing to me: it's completely forgettable lol. I remember putting the thing on semi-frequently when I first got it, including for at least one back to back listening session, and everytime it was like I was listening to the album for the first time lol (EXCEPT for the interludes, which stuck out because of their profound boringness). I seriously just didn't remember any of the songs, they were never familiar when I relistened to them. And yes, even with it feeling new and fresh everytime, it never felt like I liked it any more.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:49 am

Weird. I was the complete opposite. I listened to it once and didn't listen to it again for a while, but I had the songs stuck in my head forever.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:50 am

The lack of it being memorable completely also applies to Black Cascade for me as well. If somebody put it on right now and said it was a secret album they recorded and just put out I'd probably not know the difference and completely buy that story lol
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:51 am

Yeah, I am that way with Black Cascade. When I saw them live they started playing a song and I had no idea what it was. I just assumed it was from that album.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:30 am

I ended up listening to all their albums tonight (didn't listen to the demo). In order:

Two Hunters
Celestial Lineage
Malevolent Grain (so low only because of the length)
Black Cascade and Diadem of 12 Stars are pretty equal for me.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:53 am

Vastness and Sorrow is one of my favorite BM songs.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:30 pm

I don't remember that song on Two Hunters. Maybe I will re listen. I like some of their stuff.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:56 pm

I've only listened to the last three records and would agree Black Cascade is the weakest of them all. I need to go back and actually check out Diadem and Malevolent. It's always something I keep intending to do, but never actually get around to doing.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:34 pm

Diadeem of 12 Stars and Two Hunters are my favorite, like perfection.

Malevolent Grain is OK. I liked A Looming Resonance but Hate Crystal was just ok.
Black Cascade was good, not great
Celestial Lineage was also good but two things were wrong. WTF at more than 4 tracks and it was more atmospheric stuff than it was Black Metal stuff. Tongue
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:04 pm

I guess I'm the only one who liked Black Cascade more than Celestial Lineage.

A Looming Resonance is the best part of Malevolent Grain for sure

It took me a really long time to totally understand the love everyone has for Two Hunters over Diadem, Malevolent, and Black Cascade, but honestly they're all GOOD. Celestial Lineage had some great parts, but overall I have never felt compelled to go back to it.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:50 pm

I'm just not big on Diadem. To me, it sounds like a different band. It's not bad, it's just different.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:15 pm

Celestial Lineage is my favorite WITTR album.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:13 pm

Loxx O))) wrote:
I'm just not big on Diadem. To me, it sounds like a different band. It's not bad, it's just different.

By different you mean ripping off weakling

All WITTR albums suck
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:27 pm

I don't really get the Weakling ripoff thing. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention to it... but I've never thought that.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:54 pm

Loxx O))) wrote:
I don't really get the Weakling ripoff thing. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention to it... but I've never thought that.
No, other people aren't paying enough attention. Maybe 20 seconds of that entire album sound like Weakling.
Back to top Go down
CnC6

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:57 pm

Diadem of 12 Stars > Two Hunters > Black Cascade > Malevolent Grain > Celestial Lineage

Funny how that works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now   Today at 2:39 pm

Back to top Go down

I just sat and listened to Two Hunters right now
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next