The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shrike

PostSubject: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:52 pm

http://www.wayoutwest.se/en/line-up

Anything in there I definitely need to see? I'm planning on Mogwai, Swans, Refused, Billy Bragg, Blur and a bunch of Swedish artists. Anything on here you guys listen to?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Bad Brains (apparently it's a documentary on the bad that is showing? could be cool)
Common
De La Soul
Odd Future might be entertaining
Don't people around here dig Swans?

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:02 pm

A$ap Rocky
7 Seconds
Billy Bragg
Ceremony
Frank Ocean

are also kinda cool. Ceremony is a must see band though. The rest aren't that important
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Swans and Thurston Moore were the only other acts besides the two you mentioned that I would really want to see, though I haven't heard of a lot of those other bands.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:39 pm

A$AP Rocky
The Black Keys
Frank Ocean
Kraftwerk
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:05 pm

The Black Keys are the only ones on that entire list that I know. They are pretty cool too, I'd see them.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:29 pm

Dude. Fucking The Adolescents man. Best punk band ever. I didn't even know they were still around.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:17 pm

I don't actually listen to anything on that list. I'd be kind of interested in checking out Kraftwerk, though.

Also, I've never heard them but one of my friends fucking loves Bon Iver, but he has sometimes really good and sometimes really shitty music tastes, so I don't know. Maybe check them out.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:40 pm

tuggernuts wrote:
The Black Keys are the only ones on that entire list that I know. They are pretty cool too, I'd see them.

I wanted to see them with The Arctic Monkeys awhile back (I'm a big fan of the Arctic Monkeys) but the tickets were ridiculously overpriced. About $100 for a solid seat to the show. Fucking ridiculous.....
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:47 pm

jeffnogo wrote:
I don't actually listen to anything on that list. I'd be kind of interested in checking out Kraftwerk, though.

Also, I've never heard them but one of my friends fucking loves Bon Iver, but he has sometimes really good and sometimes really shitty music tastes, so I don't know. Maybe check them out.

Bon Iver is what all the hipster kids have been into recently, they were also on that awful hipster bullshit hip hop Kanye West album. Fuck them.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:19 pm

I will not deny that my friend is a hipster. Well, at least he is a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:27 pm

The only ones I listen to on the list are...

Boy & Bear
Florence + The Machine
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:19 am

Should have mentioned that Kraftwerk was already a given, probably going for Florence + The Machine too.

I've also added Black Keys (seemed all-right on youtube), Common (didn't actually know he was playing), The Adolescents, De La Soul. I'm a bit hesitant for Ceremony, since it's a crazy late gig (starts at 2 AM).

As for ASAP Rocky... jesus, that guy is EVERYTHING I hate about rap. Big box of NOPE to that.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:03 pm

Shrike wrote:
As for ASAP Rocky... jesus, that guy is EVERYTHING I hate about rap. Big box of NOPE to that.

But he doesn't sound like anything before him or after him, so you hate everything unique about rap. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:39 pm

Hollow_Viscus wrote:
Shrike wrote:

But he doesn't sound like anything before him or after him, so you hate everything unique about rap. Tongue

I beg to differ, he embodies all the qualities I hate about rap, yet is unique in terms of style, so I still pretty much hate just HIM. "everything unique" is a total oxymoron.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:45 pm

Rap is like 99% the worst thing ever.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:51 pm

Electroretard wrote:
Rap is like 99% the worst thing ever.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Ornette Coleman
Mark Lanegan
Bon Iver
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:17 pm

So what you're saying is he's too black for you and you need him to be whiter to like his music?

Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:05 am

I didn't like A$AP Rocky much either.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:27 am

I don't really care I just wanted an excuse to post that song. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:48 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:56 pm

Hollow_Viscus wrote:
So what you're saying is he's too black for you and you need him to be whiter to like his music?

That's some mighty fine extrapolation. To which I would have to reply:

I don't see color. I just see crap.

I also see FUCKING AWESOME, and this is what it looks like:

Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:42 pm

Refused was so sick live dude..seriously. Totally worth the 40 bucks. One of the best performances. Bronx were cool too and The Hives were cool for what they were. Asap is cool, but as far as hip hop goes there is much better out there. I'd see him live though.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:35 am

Seeing as this was their first gig in Sweden since they broke (as well as being the only Swedish date on the tour), the atmosphere was intense as fuck. I know Dennis has always been a good showman, but he (and the rest of the band) really did look like they were truly ecstatic.

When they finally got around to playing New Noise it felt like the entire crowd just erupted. I was pretty close to the stage but the mosh pit ended up being a row or two in front of me (which invariably led to being pushed back a bit). But once New Noise hit, it felt like pretty much everyone was freaking out completely.

Might very well be the best concert experience I've had.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.   Today at 1:19 am

Back to top Go down

Going to a hipster infested festival to see Mogwai and Refused, help me fill out my schedule.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next