Bros... I been listening to Hatebreed again

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Bros... I been listening to Hatebreed again   Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:08 pm

Hey, bro. I dig 'Refuse/Resist'.

But whoa... this cover sucks so far. What's up with the shitty sounding bass? And everything is way too 'clean' sounding. His vocals are kinda spot on, though. Nevermind... he's staying monotone... it was good on the verse, though. Solo sucks when it's so out in the open and audible like that. Awful transition back in to the chorus after the solo.

This was a commentary as I listened to the track.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Bros... I been listening to Hatebreed again   Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:31 pm

X-pert74 wrote:
Ugh, Refuse/Resist is so mediocre. Whenever I think of that song I remember how I saw this shitty VH1 special about the "top 40 metal songs", and for whatever reason that song was chosen as Sepultura's contribution to the list. Fucking why? It's so fucking unremarkable.
That's the song that got me into the band and remains one of my favorite songs. I'd agree with that VH1 list.

Loxx O))) wrote:
Hey, bro.  I dig 'Refuse/Resist'.

But whoa... this cover sucks so far.  What's up with the shitty sounding bass?  And everything is way too 'clean' sounding.  His vocals are kinda spot on, though.  Nevermind... he's staying monotone... it was good on the verse, though.  Solo sucks when it's so out in the open and audible like that.  Awful transition back in to the chorus after the solo.

This was a commentary as I listened to the track.
Those were my main thoughts as well. The vocals were alright the rest sucked. By the way that whole album is just cover songs. "For the Lions"
Back to top Go down

Bros... I been listening to Hatebreed again
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2